PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Valli
Valli Posts: 24,706
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 20 October 2016 at 8:46PM in Old style MoneySaving
Thank you, natty, for last week's thread

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
WM ~ Washing machine
TD ~ Tumble dryer
SC ~ Slowcooker
BM ~ Breadmaker
DW ~ Dishwasher
SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
NN ~ nice neighbour
Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
ETA ~ Edited to add
Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

And here goes...

you all deserve a room of your own, a place to retreat to when you've done a hard day's graft, or put up with more than you should so we'll start with your me-room and, hopefully, some me time.

Blissful Bedroom

Level 1

Open the window and strip the bed.
Leave it to air while you scurry about doing your morning routine stuff BUT don't go downstairs empty-handed.
take the laundry and/or empty the bedroom bin
(I don't have a bin in my room; I cart it all to the bathroom and put it in the bin in there, actually)

Level 2
Remake the bed with fresh linen
Clean the windows
Check the corners/ceiling/light fitting for cobwebs and de-web
Dust all the light bulbs (make sure, now the dark nights are longer, that the bulbs are as bright as they can be)

Level 3
Dust the bedroom
Vacuum the bedroom

Extras
Get a just-damp cloth and go round the whole house, wiping EVERY light switch and door handle.
HHI - start the week as you mean to go on!
Check the Toots list - can you start nibbling at a big job?
Month end is coming - check you have all birthday cards needed for November/December
Finally - book out some me-time - whether it's just a long bubbly bath, hair or nails appointment you do need to look after yourself! I WANT TO SEE THE ME-TIME PLAN, FOR WHATEVER DAY IT IS, RECORDED AS AN ACHIEVEMENT!

Twinkling Tuesday - Kitchen Kapers & Dining delight

Level One

sort the sides - (Susie Dent moment - this word for worktops is connected with the sideboard - which may well have come into use in Medieval times - but I am guessing)

Completely clear the worktops
Wipe down small appliances (toaster, kettle, juicer...)
Wipe down the splashbacks and tiles and tops
Put back what needs to be there

Level Two - you've got some front

Yep - cupboard doors aka fronts top to bottom including handles and kickboards
Dust the dining area

Level Three - Mop/wipe/sweep/vacuum the floor
Clean the windows

Extras

It'll soon be stir up Sunday
Check your BAKING INGREDIENTS cupboard(s) and/or drawers
Chuck out anything OOD - be ruthless especially with flour - we don't want creepy crawlies moving in
Wipe it out
while it's drying write your shopping list of any baking ingredients you need to buy (I need caster and brown sugars...)
if you do have critters dessicate them with a hairdryer and pop and new bags of flour in the freezer (wrapped) so your don't bring any more in

S&S the bathroom(s)
Fling boogie - get a bin bag and fill it

Don't forget the you time - planned yours yet?

Wonderful Wednesday Living room and hallway

level one

Ditch the clutter - b put it away/bin it as appropriate
Give the sofas/chairs a thorough vacuum
turn the seat cushion
plump the cushions
shake the throws
empty the bin

Level 2
Dust and polish - everywhere and everything
Clean the windows

level three - floors - clean as appropriate
dust the doors
polish yout door number
make the house look welcoming

Thrilling thursday bathroom

bath - clear clutter; clean thoroughly,
shower cubicle - wipe inside and out
wash any shower curtain

Level 2 b
basin and window
wipe and polish and shine
dont forget under the plugs

level three
Clean the loo insode and out
clean the floor
empty bins
put clutter away - thats what cupboards are for

Friday Fling - may the fly-force be with you kids rooms/spare oom

level obi one

Open the windows WIDE
Strip beds

after a suitable time (eat your breakfast)

Make the bed

Level R2D2

dust every single surface
clean the windows

Level C3PO

Vacuum thoroughly
Sort out a drawer or a cupboard

extras
sort out the clothes in one drawer or cupboard - fling the too-small
sort out hallowe'en costumes - it's coming
make sure the people you love know you love them
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
:heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Thanks Valli
    I'll be in as and when I can as I explained at the end of the last thread I'll be mostly off list this week.
    Hugs for everyone who needs them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,646
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for lists.
    Back from a lovely weekend - need to do something sitting down tomorrow as my feet are killing me! 23000 steps on Fri and about 16000 yesterday - all clifftops, beach and boulders!

Not sure yet on this week's priorities apart from list, apart from keeping up with report writing and emails, dust, cobwebs, piles that clutter the place up............and garden doubtless gone wild.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm in again. I hope to do more this week. Thank you for the lists Valli and Natty X

Ironing done
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening folks

Thanks for lists for last week Natty and for this week Valli

Blissful Bedroom
    Open the window and strip the bed.
    Leave it to air
    Remake the bed with fresh linen
    Check the corners/ceiling/light fitting for cobwebs and de-web
    Dust all the light bulbs (make sure, now the dark nights are longer, that the bulbs are as bright as they can be)
    Dust the bedroom
    Vacuum the bedroom
    Extras
    Get a just-damp cloth and go round the whole house, wiping EVERY light switch and door handle.
    Check the Toots list - can you start nibbling at a big job?
    Month end is coming - check you have all birthday cards needed for November/December
    Finally - book out some me-time

Lots of hugs, sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a super Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Morning all,

I've made a resolution to get up earlier. Hopefully it will make a difference!

Thanks for the lists Valli and Natty.

Paid stuff all day today, but I will try to :

Do all the daily stuff
    Dust bedroom
    Hoover bedroom
    Strip and remake bed
    HHI
    Go for run

See you all later x
  • Morning everyone. I'm in although am not posting as I don't have time.

Thanks to Natti for last weeks thread
    and Valli for this one.

valli hope your sis is comfortable soon.

Hugs for anyone else who needs one.

WM is awaiting a new part and won't be fixed till tomorrow afternoon - Mount Washmore is back with avengence. ��Can't change the bed until I have cleared some of it at least.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm in too please! Thanks for listies Valli and Natty. This week I will actually try to follow them :rotfl:

I'm glad today is the master bedroom as mine is a **** pit :eek: Still feeling a bit snuffly but had a great weekend making plans for the house and garden, so feeling positive this morning. Not sure what DH's early alarm call at 5am means for my energy levels later, but I'll try to power through... why does he needs to go into work quite so early!? Ah yes, he's very [STRIKE]demented[/STRIKE] dedicated.

Hugs to all - I've been reading, just not posting, so I'm up to speed with all the news. Sending supporting vibes to all in need...you know who you are x
  • embb
    embb Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Good Moaning lovelies

im in this week but working mainly off list, hrs are such at work that i have to have my own special plan haha, but im here for the support and the chit chat...ive missed you guys xx

Already done my bombsite of a kitchen...how the hecky peck does it happen EVERYDAY..sheesh. got the dw on and will gather a load for the wm, work is a back achingly 7 hrs today then ive got teenie pick up straight after and tesco popping in with some food between 5 n 6, then make tea so the morning routine is crucial.

laters gators xx
  • Morning All,

Thank you for the list I am in :)

Dog needed a poo at 3am, then similar to the Dizzy household DH alarm went off at 5am. I suspect I may be nodding later....

Best get on, catch up properly later xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,888
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all. Was up at 5am to take DH to work but then went back to bed (after putting bins out for collection) and have not long been up. Doglets have behaved so no deck scrubbing this morning.

DS is here and I'm taking him out for lunch today so flying will be minimal. Thank you for the list Valli.

Well done on the running Raphael.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills