Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• I have had the misfortune of buying a pay as you go phone from Vodafone which they could not deliver as the no longer had stock. They took my money, instantly I may add. But forgot to inform me that I would not get a phone. After waiting for longer than promised,for a text to say that the phone was on its way and then calling them numerous times to try and find out when the phone would arrive, they admitted they did not have the phone I paid for. So I requested my money back and then this whole nightmare with them started. The only way they said they would return my money is if I could prove I had paid for it! I could not believe this. They wanted me to send a screen shot of my bank account to show that I had paid for it. After much complaining they agreed I did not need to do that and promised that the money would be back in my account in 5 working days. Then it was 7 working days and then 15 working days. I have called and each time the person on the other end of the phone has a different story or they pass you onto the wrong department or just for fun(I think) keep me on hold for half an hour and then disconnect me. I cannot believe some of the strange stories that they keep on telling me over the phone about why I still have not recieved my money!
    I really do not think that I will get it back and am slowly giving up hope of seeing it again. It makes me sad and angry that they are keeping MY MONEY .
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Sue them. You WILL then get your money back, provided you have some proof of purchase and send them a proper LBA first.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi MercyK & Syeda2000,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Can you confirm you have received: WRT135 [#14084056]
  • I've tried using the contact form several times now and i haven't have an automated reply with a reference number?
  • The last email I got was on the 30th August, and part of the offer was a change in bill price as compensation. Conveniently(?) I've not had a reply for 6 days now and I've chased up twice, meaning I've been charged on my old bill, and none of the other requests have been met.

I'm trying to be as calm and patient as I can, but from this side of things, it's proving increasingly difficult. Please can I have a response? My case is #14078047
  • Have done has requested. The number is 14144423. I will be surprised if this is sorted any time soon. So disappointed! I went to the Vodafone store as told to do so by the operator. Nothing happened asusual except that a note was made on my account.
  • do vodafone even check this thread????
  • Hi having a real issue with an account i cancelled aug 2015. cancelled dd early my bad. could no longer get through on the phone so posted a cheque which was duly cashed. now no record of cheque so debt collecters have become involved. cant seem to get this resolved as no one seems to have power/responsibility to do this.
    help!

I saw this post earlier, I am having the exact same issue. Not to bore everyone with the long story but I have had nothing but issues with money with Vodafone. So much so after applying a dongle to my account for a year without me knowing and failing to backdate my corporate discount after 9 months I decided to leave Vodafone. When I was in the store moving to a sim only deal I was sold this as a monthly deal and that I could leave at anytime. I decided to leave after the two months of my contract and join 3 who provide a much better customer service. I have now received a letter stating that I have to pay £281.00 as I have left before the 12 month commitment. After being told in the store I could leave anytime with no issues.... I have had so many missed calls and letter from Vodafone but when I have tried to contact them back I can never get the help and service I am looking for. Apparently there is a maximum of 6 months I can pay this bill up on. Even though there is another line on this account which doesn't end till April 2018.... I then get told after my 15th or whatever number I am on now call to complaints, to go into the store and get the manager to add a note accepting there may have been a staff issue or lack of understanding. I go to the store again into double numbers now the times I have been in to say you have to phone this number we can't help you.
    Why do they call when they are after money but when I ask if a supervisor or customer relations can phone me they can't do call backs and I have to phone back incurring more charges to speak to someone who will no doubt pass me to another number.... Please can someone shed some light or advice on this as I am losing the will to live!
  • Easy. Read the thread backwards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport