Cheap Airport Parking: Stansted Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• Used this service in Ugley as it seemed to be given a thumbs up from others on this site.
    We arrived late due to sat nav errors etc and was disappointed to find the one and only taxi driver wasn't able to get us to the airport as he had other passengers already so we had to wait another 35 minutes for him to return. This caused us to be very late and nearly missed the flight.
    I should mention that the the Pub is over twice the distance from the airport as the long stay carpark.
    The return journey was no better as the same single single taxi driver had forgotten about us and was busy with another party it seems. 45 minutes later he turned up and complained because we had waited in the wrong area of the airport car parks.
    On return to my car I discovered an extra dent, but decided not to mention it as I had enough of that place by then.
    You Cars are not secure, the keys are kept in a shed at the rear of the Pub and the cars are left in the Car Park along side other Pub users cars.
    For the little money saved against the long stay I can not recommend ever using this service. I would aviod at all costs.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I still it's amazing how every negative comment is coming from newbies to the site.
  • I think you'll find that a lot of people like me look at this site for information and advice.
    The reason I'm a Newbie here is because I'm not very vocal unless its fantastic or very disappointing. I only posted my disappointment because it seems someone else also had the same experiance.
    What has your comment regarding my posting got to do with parking at Stansted?
  • When I posted my experience of arival, highguyuk posted a response implying it was a rivals posting and later that day my posting was taken down. I contacted the MSE forum and explained in detail (Classic car insurance with recent photographs inside and out) and supplied tickets and booking etc and our posting was a toned down version of what really happened, they immediately put it back up. MSE has a sub heading which does say, Consumer revenge..
  • Just received a refund 12 days prior to our trip saying that Arival has ceased trading due to high fuel costs etc.
    Time to look for an quick alternative.
  • cpp1000 wrote: »
    Just received a refund 12 days prior to our trip saying that Arival has ceased trading due to high fuel costs etc.
    Time to look for an quick alternative.

ditto! Just in time to look for an alternative fortunately:mad:

Just hope the cheque refund goes through OK.

Annoying that they didn't refund to the card that it was paid on though- hope that isn't "iffy" in anyway.

I guess it the cheque bounces then we still have the optioon to persue via the card though.
  • When I posted my experience of arival, highguyuk posted a response implying it was a rivals posting and later that day my posting was taken down. I contacted the MSE forum and explained in detail (Classic car insurance with recent photographs inside and out) and supplied tickets and booking etc and our posting was a toned down version of what really happened, they immediately put it back up. MSE has a sub heading which does say, Consumer revenge..
    Strange how highguyuk was quick enough to attack your posting and also my later one regarding arival, and once the truth gets out suddenly they are no longer trading?
    I wonder if the pub carpark in Ugley has another company doing airport carparking under a diferent name this week? Maybe highguyuk might be able to tell us?
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If they are a "bad" company I'm sorry to have recommended them. They were good and cheap for me and seemed to be doing well.

A positive out of their closure is that they have had the decency to refund people their money, instead of the individuals having to chase them for it or turning up at the car park and finding it was closed.

But I haven't a clue if another company is running the car parking under a different name. Search google for Ugley Car Park perhaps?
  • Arival have given me a refund and said that they have stopped trading!
    Any other bright idea???
  • I've just returned from a short trip to Barcelona, flying from Stansted and after a lot of research I found this company: http://www.kingsarmshotelstansted.co.uk/
    They offer airport parking for £5 a day and you get free transfers to and from Stansted! Bargain! Easy to find (with a tomtom anyway!) and they were there to meet us when we arrived. We had our own private transfer, no waiting around in the cold for a bus to fill up, and it was a 5 min drive to the airport!
    We had to leave our car keys and they moved our car into the secure gated part of their hotel car park, but everything was fine when we arrived back.
    We called them once we'd been through security and then met them in the car park, only had to wait 2 mins.
    Everything went smoothly, i'd highly recommend them!
    We paid in cash on arrival - £20 for 4 days, I couldn't find anything else to match that price so close to the airport.
    Best to phone them as one of the email addresses on their site doesn't work.
    Tel : 01279 815699
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure