PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this buyers remorse?

Comments

• ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2017 at 12:24PM
    I thought you were denying that 10% falls could happen a short while ago?

No, I was also expounding the view the the government will do their utmost to ensure that a co-called "crash" won't happen - "there's too much invested in property, in every sense of the word, for that to happen." Remember? +/- 10% isn't much more than a minor fluctuation.

Actually, I'll amend my quote about alien invasion: they considered it, read some of your posts, and concluded there was no intelligent life on this planet.
  • How do you know this?

How you can question anyone's predictions is beyond belief.....

You've been predicting (and begging for) a crash for over 20 years.
    You've stopped peddling your nonsense on the debate sub-forum because you know that you've lost all credibility over there.

So now you post this twaddle over here in a vein attempt at convincing some poor unsuspecting sod that you've actually got some knowledge of what you're talking about. :rotfl:
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    No, I was also expounding the view the the government will do their utmost to ensure that a co-called "crash" won't happen - "there's too much invested in property, in every sense of the word, for that to happen." Remember? +/- 10% isn't much more than a minor fluctuation.

Actually, I'll amend my quote about alien invasion: they considered it, read some of your posts, and concluded there was no intelligent life on this planet.

Like in the famous Newsnight clip, with some people you just have to keep asking the question ................How Will They Do It?
  • Crashy_Time
    How you can question anyone's predictions is beyond belief.....

You've been predicting (and begging for) a crash for over 20 years.
    You've stopped peddling your nonsense on the debate sub-forum because you know that you've lost all credibility over there.

So now you post this twaddle over here in a vein attempt at convincing some poor unsuspecting sod that you've actually got some knowledge of what you're talking about. :rotfl:

It`s 10 years, not 20, and anyone who has ever visited the "debate" forum is now laughing at your assertion that it is in any way a place of serious debate and knowledge:rotfl:
  • Like in the famous Newsnight clip, with some people you just have to keep asking the question ................How Will They Do It?

However they can. The view is that the end justifies the means. The rest is mere detail.
  • It`s 10 years, not 20, and anyone who has ever visited the "debate" forum is now laughing at your assertion that it is in any way a place of serious debate and knowledge:rotfl:

You've told everyone previously on this and other forums that you've been renting since the 90's. That's not 10 years and you definitely didn't sell in 2007.

So make your mind up about which it is.

Either way you've been wrong for a very long time and have zero credibility when it comes to predicting house prices.
  • Crashy_Time
    You've told everyone previously on this and other forums that you've been renting since the 90's. That's not 10 years and you definitely didn't sell in 2007.

So make your mind up about which it is.

Either way you've been wrong for a very long time and have zero credibility when it comes to predicting house prices.

You said I had been predicting a crash for 20 years, I said I had been predicting a crash for 10 as is the case, renting and predicting a crash are two different things. Pretending people have been predicting a crash since the mid-90`s sounds far out and fits the narrative you like to present, but most people know that we were not in a housing bubble in 1997, However most people NOW know that we are at the tail end of a housing bubble and that it is popping.
  • Help! I'm feeling exactly the same.. I'm buying a house on my own (no partner) and the whole process has been so stressful; I've finally negotiated a lower purchase price after back and forth with the bank and retention. I go to the advocates tomorrow, and then there isn't really any going back (at least that's how it feels)

I thought I'd feel happy right now - all I feel is terrified! :(
  • Crashy_Time
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    20 years of rent? That's a disaster! Unbelievably poor financial management if nothing else. Houses are in demand, be it rented or bought. That won't change for a long time.

You hope :rotfl: Also you don`t know enough about their financial situation to make a comment on their financial management, locking all your "wealth" away in one (or two) depreciating illiquid assets is THE number one worst financial mistake to make, especially in a central bank sponsored low interest rate bubble
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure