Royal mail tracking / delivery email

Snakeeyes21
Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
I bought some stuff from a seller on ebay.

And ive recieved an email from royalmail this morning
stating that they have recieved the parcel at the delivery depot
and it will be delivered at some point today.

Is this a new service you can pay for? Or is it included with one of
their existing services?

It wouldnt be special delivery because it was fairly cheap postage.

Copy of the email.. Its from noreply@royalmail.com and the tracking is correct
and where i bought from is correct, have royalmail finally caught up with modern times?

Dear Customer,
Royal Mail has received your item from A SELLER (No:JA000000000GB) at xxxxx DO Delivery Office. Your item is now ready for delivery and we will attempt to deliver it today subject to any alternative instructions that you have previously agreed with us. Regards, Royal Mail For queries please visit https://www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740 Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.

Comments

• macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    I think it's the fast drop service. Pay online and then the items are scanned in at the PO. Royal Mail then sends an email to the seller and buyer.
    It works if you can find a PO that operates it properly.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,035
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I was pleased to see this thread, I always wondered what the fast track system 'looked like' from the buyers point of you.

Thank you OP, you have answered a question for me
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Snakeeyes21
    soolin wrote: »
    I was pleased to see this thread, I always wondered what the fast track system 'looked like' from the buyers point of you.

Thank you OP, you have answered a question for me

just to update this there was also an email stating it was delivered aswell.

Shame it didnt say where because there was no card left and i wasnt in :rotfl:

Dear Customer, Your item from A SELLER (No: JA000000000GB) has now been delivered by Royal Mail. Regards, Royal Mail For queries please visit www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740 Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    just to update this there was also an email stating it was delivered aswell.

Shame it didnt say where because there was no card left and i wasnt in :rotfl:

Dear Customer, Your item from A SELLER (No: JA000000000GB) has now been delivered by Royal Mail. Regards, Royal Mail For queries please visit www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740 Please do not reply to this message. This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.

Oh dear, it dd all sound a bit too good to be true!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Let's hope that you do actually get it then, as the seller now has "proof" to say that it was delivered safely.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    hermum wrote: »
    Let's hope that you do actually get it then, as the seller now has "proof" to say that it was delivered safely.

Only if there is a tracking number, I might misunderstand the Fast Drop system but I don't believe it is tracked. It is merely a system with emails.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If it isn't tracked in some way how would RM be able to send emails once it's in the system to say that it's delivered?
    Please be gentle as I am being particularly stupid at the moment.
  • soolin
    Ambassador
    hermum wrote: »
    If it isn't tracked in some way how would RM be able to send emails once it's in the system to say that it's delivered?
    Please be gentle as I am being particularly stupid at the moment.

Again with the proviso that I haven't used it yet I assume it is all done on the basis of being scanned at the sorting office rather than at the door. For paypal though there must be a way of entering a tracking number into something online and seeing that item was delivered. They won't work with just emails.

I would be interested though if anyone else using Fast Drop can give any more info on what it actually looks like from the buyer or sellers point of view
  • Snakeeyes21
    welll, i found my parcel, in the recycling bin next to the bin that was due to be picked up on monday, good job i was being good and recycling some papers or i would never have noticed...

Anyways, it was sent using royalmail tracked service, not recorded delivery or anything, just tracked, big purple sticker if it means anything to you sellers.. the postie managed to get a signature as well thats showing online, just an L, must have been in a rush to get home.

looks like its a kind of courier service for businesses
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?mediaId=46800683&catId=400028
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family