What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 10/10

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning guys :wave:

Twiggy - how frustrating on all accounts for you. :mad: Hope you can leave it in the past and start afresh from now!

Here's some bits from me in no particular order:

A colleague of mine made HM lemon and ginger cordial - really appealed to me as no added sugar and sounded really simple to make, but I bought lemon and ginger yesterday and it cost me £2.05, makes about 600ml...so quite a bit more pricey than normal cordial (which we don't always buy anyway...) so I might not do it v often. Also, because it has no added sugar it only lasts about 5 days so might end up being a complete waste... :think:

I bought a car on a PCP deal a few years ago and the balloon payment is due in a couple of months - so I could trade in the car and continue to pay off e.g. £150 for the rest of my life or I can pay the last circa £5k and keep the car... Thinking about putting the £5k on a 0% card deal (luckily have a 'transfer cash to current a/c' card) and paying it off that way. Need to sort this out soon before the biggest direct debit payment of my life comes out! Eek, scary business.

Right, I need to go check YNAB and sort brekkie and lunch for work...

Catch up soon!

xxxxxxxx
  • Hello everyone, long time lurker/admirer of this thread. I hope that by posting regularly there's more chance of me staying on track. Today I am/will

-working from home; saves on petrol
    - lunch will be something from the cupboard/fridge
    - check FPL/complete surveys
    -turn heating off in the next 10 mins
    - try and get washing on and out on the line before I start work
    - check contents of fridge to see what needs using up, I have a couple of peppers that won't last much longer, can I just chop these up and freeze them ready to use when needed?
    - reorganise freezer; things have just been thrown in there and I now need to find space for more bread as my dad bought another loaf, I forgot to tell him we had some in there, we don't get through much bread usually so might make bread and butter pudding at the weekend.

Happy Tuesday everyone X
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
    Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)
  • I confess...
    I put the heating on this morning. It's off again now but I really did need 15 mins to take the chill off the place. It was blimming cold this morning and my blanket making is only good if we can sit on our bums in the house - not trying to get ready for work...
    Other than that I am shattered today. It was a real struggle to get out of bed this morning for sure. It's too dark and cold now for my liking. As if I wasn't already struggling.
    Today I will
    ;) aim for nsd
    ;) all meals from stores
    ;) full day of teaching
    ;) mark a set of books
    ;) take ds to football training
    ;) take naughty tortie to the vets
    ;) make sure I take my lunch and break
    ;) check banking and PAD to money box
    ;) try and get an early night
    Have a good day all :coffee:
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all,
    Not as much time today as have to go out later (civic duty) & then go & pick mr f up from town. Still got this morning though, so will do the following:
    *Rubber beef. Cooked a beef shank in the slow cooker on Sun & there's enough left by the look of things (plus gravy) to make a big cottage pie for today & tomorrow.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Try & get a small load of washing dry outside.
    *Do the financial tasks I didn't get done yesterday.
    *Pack the apple & ginger chutney I made yesterday into the pantry.....one decorative jar already earmarked for a festive hamper.
    *Cast on 2nd sock (Christmas gift) as I finished the 1st one yesterday.
    *Nip into Waitrose on way back from fetching mr f for free coffees & perusal of the whoopsie shelves.
    *Plan tomorrow's job list as I can see I need to pick more bits from the veggie garden.
    That will do. Coffee finished so will go & have a look at that beef.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2016 at 6:43PM
    Morning la e! Big decisions ahead... btw I remember you taking out that car!

Was planning to go to the lottie for an hour this morning but it's too wet so hopefully oh won't mind me going tonight when he come home...

Trying to think of fun things to do with madam without spending any cash! Think we'll go to the play group this morning, stop in at the library and get much needed new books, and take a mini picnic & some bread and walk to the river and see if there are ducks about. This afternoon go to the park if she's looking a little bored (also known as getting cabin fever)...

In other news I just want to get the things I listed yesterday done:

* transfer wine must into new demijohn
    * post dd form
    * [STRIKE]iron &photo list 6 things on fleabay[/STRIKE] relist the ones that don't sell tonight phew have just listed 6 items as drafts to put on this evening! I'm on a roll!
    * make comforter bars
    * [STRIKE]make apple braid[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]stew apples & freeze in portions. Wrap best apples to store in garage[/STRIKE]
    * blanch sprouts and freeze
    * chop and freeze leeks
    *[STRIKE] make cashew chicken in the sc[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]oh to take the rest of last night lasagna for lunch[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]NSD[/STRIKE]
    * carry on knitting socks :D
    * vacuum upstairs & clean toilet
    * feed aubergine plant still fruiting - might have to bring it in what do you think Dawn/Foxgloves?
    * [STRIKE]load of washing in machine to hang out when finished[/STRIKE]
    * onepoll - I'm at £13.30 is it deluded to hope for £40 before the end of the year??

Ok that's all I want to get done
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    Hi Frugal Saver,
    Yes, you can freeze peppers. They lose their crispness but that doesn't matter for cooking. I chop them into little pots (saved from hummous, etc) & freeze ready to add to toppings when I make pizza or I slice them ready for future use in stirfries & chilli, etc. No need to blanch, just remove seeds, prep as normal & freeze.
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    DNMS - Aubergines are pretty much tropical plants so as soon as temperatures fall beyong their liking, the plants will die anyway. If you are just wanting to get existing fruits bigger, you could try bringing indoors & continuing to feed. I'm in the same situation with a cucumber plant. It has 3 small ones still on it but I shan't bring it indoors as it's in a mucky growbag. When the plant is obviously carking it, I'll pick them. They'll still be perfectly edible.
    F x
  • frugal saver I freeze peppers too - just like foxgloves. In fact I freeze most veg, a lot of it I just chop and freeze and don't bother with balnching as I'll use within a few months
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2016 at 1:12PM
    Good Morning All

Twiggy - welcome back

Very grey and miserable here which is also reflecting in my mood, I really need to shake this off. Today's list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hairdresser @ home - Done
    Ironing -
    Craft -
    Declutter -
    Bump Sale Posts on FB -
    Walk at least 7000 step for Bounts points -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Ziggy thank you for starting the thread this week.

I have been failing to post on this thread for ther last few weeks, no big reason just life getting in the way. I have mostly managed to keep up with the goings on with the help of the weekly thread and subscribing. As I go about my day I mentally write what I am going to post and respond to what I have read on the thread.

La E could you freeze the cordial in portions in an ice cube tray so it will last morethan a couple of days?

DNMs Please can you enlighten me what are comforter bars?

Today is very wet, so no washing drying outside today, we did manage to dry 2 loads outside yesterday though :j
    This morning we need to get all our usual things done, chores and lessons, this afternoon we are going to a HE group and this evening we are off to the theatre with a different HE group.

Today I plan to:
    Prioritise posting on this thread
    Open curtains fully
    Close curtains before it gets dark
    Pass on a bag of dd out grown clothes to a friend
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use
    Make bread
    All meals, snacks & drinks from stores
    No heating, we have jumpers
    HWB for children's bed tonight if they ask
    PAD 1p - 3.66p
    Ashleigh
    FPL
    RM survey
    Make porridge, this is a priority as I haven't been organised enough to have any for the lst couple of days.
    Run DW overnight
    Run WM overnight

I'll try and pop on later with an update.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business