Savings for my children

Hi CAB
I was wondering if you could explain all the options i have for my kids in regards to savings and investments for them in the future.
I have very limited knowledge of any types of investments as my husband has previously been the one who has dealt with our money. Any websites or simple info of my options would be amazing
Thank you
Rosann

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome as a newbie.

You might like to paste and copy your question on to the Savings and Investments forum where there are many knowledgeable people who would try and help you.
  • Hi Rosann
    I think it will depend on whether you want you children to be able to access the savings or whether you want them to wait until they are 18. It may also make a difference if you are saving a regular amount monthly or just saving as and when you have some spare.
    Martin has anarticle on Childrens savings here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/child-savings-tax-free which should get you started.
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Rosann wrote: »
    Hi CAB
    I was wondering if you could explain all the options i have for my kids in regards to savings and investments for them in the future.
    I have very limited knowledge of any types of investments as my husband has previously been the one who has dealt with our money. Any websites or simple info of my options would be amazing
    Thank you
    Rosann

Hi Rosann - this isn't an area that our CAB representatives are covering on the board at the moment, and we're also limited on what we can help you with. For example, we're not financial advisers and so we can't help you with specific products and services offered by companies.

We do have some information on our Adviceguide website about savings and getting financial advice, which will hopefully be a useful starting point. As we suggest on our website, we would also recommend getting expert financial advice.

If, as pmlindyloo has suggested, it's OK to post this again on the Savings & Investments board, then maybe do that too.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure