Breach of contract s75?

2»

Comments

• eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mc303m wrote: »
    Update :) having contacted the credit card company under S75, they are now taking on the dispute, however, their employee told me they would try to recover the £2000 deposit, which is only 20% of the price i paid for the vehicle, the dealer i bought the car from has refused me any refund outright, do i have to pursue the remaining amount under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act? i was under the understanding, having read S75 that i could claim for the full amount as the seller is in breach of contract. please advise.
    Thank you

Yes - the credit card co is jointly liable for the full amount, not just the £2k deposit.

Obviously, the cc company will contact the dealer to get their side of the story.

Maybe wait to see if the cc company agree there has been a breach of contract before arguing further about the amount. (Although don't sign/agree to anything that says you accept that your claim is limited to £2k.)
  • mc303m
    mc303m Posts: 63 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Thank you eddy :)
  • mc303m
    if the CC company decide to pay out the full refundable amount, do they then chase the dealership for recovery of the funds?
    Thank you
  • mc303m
    anyone please :)
    thank you
  • mc303m
    Update, the credit card company has applied a £2000 credit to my account, this is not the outcome i was looking for, also i paid off the £2000 credit instantly, so all i am left with now is a higher credit availabilty on my CC and a car that is faulty, can anyone advise me please?
    thank you so much
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mc303m wrote: »
    Update, the credit card company has applied a £2000 credit to my account, this is not the outcome i was looking for, also i paid off the £2000 credit instantly, so all i am left with now is a higher credit availabilty on my CC and a car that is faulty, can anyone advise me please?
    thank you so much

So have they agreed with you that there was a breach of contract? Or have they refunded pending further investigation? (Or have they just done a chargeback?)

Anyway... the steps to follow are:

1, Formal complaint to the CC company
    2. If that doesn't get the result you want, a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman
    3. If that doesn't get the result you want, a claim in the small claims court

See: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/fight-back-fos

(If you want the £2000 in your bank account, I expect you can phone the CC company and ask for a cheque.)
  • mc303m
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:22PM
    eddddy wrote: »
    So have they agreed with you that there was a breach of contract? Or have they refunded pending further investigation? (Or have they just done a chargeback?)

Anyway... the steps to follow are:

1, Formal complaint to the CC company
    2. If that doesn't get the result you want, a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman
    3. If that doesn't get the result you want, a claim in the small claims court

See: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/fight-back-fos

(If you want the £2000 in your bank account, I expect you can phone the CC company and ask for a cheque.)
    My account has been credited.. the letter says nothing about further investigation.

Thank you as always Eddy, i truly appreciate your help, could you finally advise me how i should address the complaint to the cc company please? and also when you speak of courts, do you mean take the dealership or the cc company?
    thank you so much
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport