Live maggot in my sandwich.

Comments

• photome wrote: »
    maggots are a good source of protein, it wouldnt have hurt you.

did you really vomit

Absolutely. I'm still not over it 6 hours later. It's pathetic, I know!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Jamiesmum wrote: »
    Absolutely. I'm still not over it 6 hours later. It's pathetic, I know!

No it's not - I'm completely with you on this one, I'd have been the same.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You need to go on a survival course with Bear Grylls.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• As the saying goes "Ignorance is bliss". If you never looked you would have never known! :eek:
  • I remember trying maggots, crickets and some other 'delicacies' on my travels - generally disgusting, but still edible.

But why?! What makes you want to taste them? :eek:

Thanks Elsien, glad I'm not the only one! I'll never touch another prepacked sandwich.

Richard - Awww don't! My partners always called me a weirdo for checking my food until now. I never really knew what I was looking for either. Are maggots actually safe to eat? :embarasse
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Back to Tesco and you can be pretty confident they'll be raising it with their supplier. From now on, buy yourself a plain bap and bit of cheese and squeezy pickle ;-)
  • Poor maggot! At least it was fresh, unlike the double processed over priced slice of bread and butter sat on the shelf for five days!
  • BJV
    BJV Posts: 2,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2016 at 4:28PM
    I 100% understand what you are talking about. I could not eat apples for years??????.( you do not want to know the rest )

I once heard a story about a McDonald's Chicken sandwich and god have not been able to go in a McDonald's since.!!!!

Wish I could here a horrible story about Cadburys Fruit & Nut as it really would help the diet. ha ha

I would go back to Tesco's and see what they have to say? After all it is a "ready to eat" product.

P.s Yuck!!!!!
    Happiness, Health and Wealth in that order please!:A
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Jamiesmum wrote: »
    But why?! What makes you want to taste them? :eek:

Thanks Elsien, glad I'm not the only one! I'll never touch another prepacked sandwich.

Richard - Awww don't! My partners always called me a weirdo for checking my food until now. I never really knew what I was looking for either. Are maggots actually safe to eat? :embarasse

yes they are, i mentioned earlier they are a good source of protein, you do need to eat a few though to feel the benefit
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I work in the food industry. It is gross misconduct to not wash your hands after going to the toilet it would be instant dismissal. When you open the main exit door from the toilets you automatically get anti bacterial gel on your hands. Even if someone did get away with both of the above there is no way they would get to the production area without hand washing, They have to go though a barrier and that barrier only opens when they put their hands into a hole that sprays soap.
    But are all businesses as diligent as the one you worked for ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure