Comments

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 9 September 2016 at 3:00PM
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Redux

I wonder if you've misread this section? The 60% figure is not dynamic it is part of the editorial explanation. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you were highlighting that your Utilisation figure was showing as Poor / Very Poor?

Maybe I have misunderstood.

This was with a logged in account, and I pressed a button that said Analyse your affordability score, so I assumed that is what it was doing.

If instead the 60% dial shown is just a generic sample, rather than specific to my account, then I'm instead confused by the accompanying text, which I already partly quoted.

It mentions 60% as an example, but if the graphic isn't about my specific account, then where instead am I supposed to see an analysis of my account, and mentally compare it with the editorial comment?

MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    It sounds like here that the details you entered on the eligibility tools were different. The way the tools work is that they only contact the bureau per individual once every 30 days. So if you login again later that day, you score should show the same (as its based on the same bureau information).

Thanks

I give the same numbers.

And presumably the soft credit search would also do so.

In fact it's even possible to get both 0 and 90% probability predicted while logged in on the very same session, but selecting a different card category, i.e.. balance transfer or poor credit rating, and see some of the same cards listed but different predictions.

But n.b. this comment was about previous searches on the checker web pages, not logged in to this new account facility, which I hadn't explored when I made the previous comment, and am just starting now.
  • tom222
    tom222 Posts: 70 Forumite
    So according to this, I have 972/999. Clearscore is 342/700 and Noddle is 3/5. I know the score is basically meaningless but this !!!! is confusing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Is it compulsory to receive advertising mail like the credit crunch club email? Can I continue receiving the less spam riddled weekly email without being emailed about other junk?:money: :spam:
  • Each of these "free" sites includes cards which are tailored to you. Are they the best one or are they the one which is offering the site the most kickback? Click on the link to apply and the original site gets ££ kickback.

Use the free sites to check against fraud etc.

The scores are meaningless. Santander will look at things different to Barclaycard etc etc. As long as you can see there are no missed payments etc then apply for the card YOU want NOT what the free site wants to give you.
  • I can't see mine, it just 'loads' and does nothing!

Tried it when it was first launched, tried it again yesterday and still having none of it.
  • I've not done a credit score search for years. At that time I was working part time self-employed and in bad debt, literally counting pennies and forced to pay my mortgage using a credit card. Since then I've found a full time job and consolidated debts, paid off 2 of my credit cards and was amazed when I was accepted for a 24 month 0% interest credit card that I'm using to pay off debt. I'm even more amazed that that my Credit Club score is 978!!! This is the highest I've heard of. My Credit Card Affordability and Loans Affordability are both V Weak though. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt but I'm still chuffed that my hard work has been recognised my Experian.:T
  • My experian score is 999, wasn't expecting that. Usually I use Clearscore and it doesn't show as high a figure as Experian.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    I can't see mine, it just 'loads' and does nothing!

Tried it when it was first launched, tried it again yesterday and still having none of it.

Hi there

We’ve had reports of a small number of users being affected by this problem and our techies are working hard to try and resolve this. We believe this problem might be that Experian are able to validate your identity, but are struggling to match you to your credit file.

Hopefully we'll be able to update it so the page shown is less confusing.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    punkrjb wrote: »
    Is it compulsory to receive advertising mail like the credit crunch club email? Can I continue receiving the less spam riddled weekly email without being emailed about other junk?:money: :spam:

Hi Punkrjb

It is really rare for us to send an extra special weekly email like we've done for the Credit Club launch. Normally we'd include this in the main weekly tips email, but we wanted to try and manage a huge surge in traffic on the new club, hence the special email.

I doubt we'd have another mail like this anytime soon (we've not previously done one in the past year), but to answer your question, no it isn't possible to request to never receive these types of emails.

I hope that helps.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    redux wrote: »
    If instead the 60% dial shown is just a generic sample, rather than specific to my account, then I'm instead confused by the accompanying text, which I already partly quoted.

Sorry, my mistake - the dial which shows a note of 'So-So' or 'Good' etc is personalised. However all the text below it isn't.

Hope that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport