C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    BlueBella wrote: »
    I love lights and sparkles - Christmas....Strictly Come Dancing....X-Factor.....!!! I am hyper from now until New Year! Free_Christmas_fairy_Glitter.gif

I bought my first Christmas decoration for this year on Thursday, Dopey from the Disney store :) present lists all written out. I can't wait!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I bought my first Chirstmas decoration for this year in the January sales. Beat ya muhahaha :P
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I bought most Christmas (and birthday) presents and all Christmas cards in Jan sales ��

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Blueyez
    hazyjo wrote: »
    I bought most Christmas (and birthday) presents and all Christmas cards in Jan sales ��

Jx

My mum does that! This year she picked up perfume sets for £14 that had come down from £55 in boots. all wrapping paper and cards from the sales too.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    hdh74 wrote: »
    I bought my first Chirstmas decoration for this year in the January sales. Beat ya muhahaha :P

haha :cool: I usually do that, but I was ill most of January so I didn't get much. I only got my own Christmas tree two years ago, so I try to buy one 'special' decoration a year, I will be buying an extra one because I didn't get one last year.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Blueyez wrote: »
    haha :cool: I usually do that, but I was ill most of January so I didn't get much. I only got my own Christmas tree two years ago, so I try to buy one 'special' decoration a year, I will be buying an extra one because I didn't get one last year.

I've been buying some every year since I got married. 32 years ago. I can hardly get my clothes in one of my wardroves for my Christmas stash. I keep thinking I'll gow out of all this Chirstmas silliness one day but the odds aren't looking good now. :p
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Blueyez
    hdh74 wrote: »
    I've been buying some every year since I got married. 32 years ago. I can hardly get my clothes in one of my wardroves for my Christmas stash. I keep thinking I'll gow out of all this Chirstmas silliness one day but the odds aren't looking good now. :p

Hehe I hope I never grow out of it! :) My Christmas stuff are currently in four big boot boxes under the bed.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • To win a BBQ. Not even a fancy BBQ, just a BBQ.

I am grateful of the chance to win this healthy bbq, if I am lucky enough to win, I will give it to my son, dil, and three children, as their house burnt down the last day of school term, and they lost everything, so they've had to start all over again, and they are great lovers of bbq's and healthy eating
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,453 Forumite
    chrissie57 wrote: »
    BELLA - I'm sure you've been warned about this cat-fight.gif

Yes very yes
    BlueBella wrote: »
    :snow_grin 87 days now until the Advents officially begin! :xmastree:

:xmassign:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only just caught up after the summer break and now all this talk of the advents. It's enough to cause my newt to have a breakdown.

The swarm of newbies descend upon the board like a plague of squirrels. Competitions bumped like it's going out of fashion. Advents with money off as a "prize". Christmas hampers for competitions with closing date of 31st December (ok for all Russian Orthodox Christians).

And I bet the haggis hunt won't happen. That ruined it for me last year.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport