MSE News: MSE launches free Credit Club

Comments

• One thing I cant understand is, why does Martin Lewis push people to change their current account, when having a current account for a long time with positive activity is helpful towards a positive credit score? Being told conflicting things here? I know he has to make a living and push products that pay him commission well but what is really best for the customer as this is a conflicting message?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,642
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    weeloudawg wrote: »
    Royal mail are using made up flat numbers. The address listed on the council tax bill is completely different.

I have tried contacting RM many occasions and they simply refuse to renumber the whole flat at my request. No one else gives two !!!!s in my flat. For the address you have listed for me my post always ends up in someone elses door and not mine. Even the postmans confused. We all have door numbers PROVIDED BY THE COUNCIL when the new doors got installed. Which state the correct numbers. Not the information you guys have.

Previous suggestions was complain to the ICO, but would that even work? Like you said, you passed the buck straight to experian, who will then do the same to royal mail.......
    Have you followed the correct procedure http://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address

The PAF code of practice states that they will use the details provided by the council and you could complain through the council.
  • Twice I have used that. When I just moved in and recently. It never got me anywhere. TBH I have just gave up. My Utility company and bank have seen sense anyway. Virgin Media are still being idiots about it.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    One thing I cant understand is, why does Martin Lewis push people to change their current account, when having a current account for a long time with positive activity is helpful towards a positive credit score? Being told conflicting things here? I know he has to make a living and push products that pay him commission well but what is really best for the customer as this is a conflicting message?

Well if you read the credit section on this forum you will see that your "credit score" doesn't really mean much to lenders. What actually matters is your credit history and if you have a decent credit history changing your main current account won't have much of an effect. Plus getting a £150 bonus is much better than any negative effect that it may have!.
    You also don't have to switch your main account, you can open a second account and switch that to get the bonus. Then when you do this multiple times a year and also open other current accounts to get the best interest rates your getting thousands of pounds a year in bonuses and interest!.

So is staying with one current account so your guaranteed to have a good "credit score" worth the thousands of pounds your loosing out on?. That's why he tells people to switch!.
  • I've been having problems passing the verification process, which has been confusing since I'm already an Experian CreditExpert member and have been using the details on there to register!

Anyway doing some testing of the above I've found a bug whereby you are stuck in verification failure purgatory - and there is no way to re-enter the correct details, so you are basically stuck:

1. Registered as new user
    2. Passed verification step 1
    3. Passed verification step 2
    4. Failed verification step 3 (the last step, failed due to clicking on wrong item)
    5. On failure screen clicked on the button to Retry the verification steps
    6. It goes straight to verification step 2 - again passed OK
    7. Instead of prompting to re-enter details for verification step 3 - it seems to behind the scenes auto submit the (incorrect) details entered in step 4, it does not give you a chance to redo that step. Obviously will fail.
    8. The failure leads to the failure page in step 4, again asking you to retry.

This then becomes a verification failure loop which you cannot correct yourself out of.

I would like to ask if there is a way of deleting this half verified account from CreditClub?
  • Hi, My credit club account was due to update in the 8th but its not done so, is it a glitch? Am i best to delete account and start again? thanks
  • Mine is the same, not updated either
  • Yep same here no update as yet. Due on the 9th.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    My account also hasn't been updated. Due on the 9th.
  • Like a couple of other users, still awaiting update.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure