MSE News: MSE launches free Credit Club

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I joined when it first started and, for no particular reason, just tried to log in and was told it 'hadn't verified my email'.

It said it had sent me a verification email but none has arrived, despite me requesting a re-send several times.

Is it broken, or does it take weekends off?
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jamesd wrote: »
    Could be, but report compared to the other reports is what it says. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if it's the report or just the score.
    No sign of that showing up so the report seems to have been wrong. Just the CreditMatcher announcement about the free score.
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MSE Staff
    Biggles wrote: »
    I joined when it first started and, for no particular reason, just tried to log in and was told it 'hadn't verified my email'.

It said it had sent me a verification email but none has arrived, despite me requesting a re-send several times.

Is it broken, or does it take weekends off?

We're working on a fix for this as we've had users report not receiving the verification email for custom domains/work email address and specific email addresses (@talktalk, @GMX etc). We hope to get this fixed this week!

Apologies for the error on our part! :(
  • BootstrappistMonk
    BootstrappistMonk Posts: 3
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2016 at 9:28PM
    Email came through OK for me, but after at least a week I'm still getting

"Verification Pending

We need to do some further checks

Thank you for your application to Credit Club, we need to do some further checks to confirm your identity. This helps to ensure the security of your personal information.

These checks will usually be complete within 2 working days, so please come back to review the outcome of your application."

Is this something I can encourage along in any way, or a system issue, or anything that may be reported?

(email address for that account is the same I used to register here, if that's helpful)

Thanks
  • afly
    afly Posts: 105
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

"Verification Pending

Thank you for your application to Credit Club, we need to do some further checks to confirm your identity. This helps to ensure the security of your personal information.

These checks will usually be complete within 2 working days, so please come back to review the outcome of your application."

Is this something I can encourage along in any way, or a system issue, or anything that may be reported?

(email address for that account is the same I used to register here, if that's helpful)

Thanks

I received the same when I signed up. It says 2 working days but what it seem to mean is that you are SOL for using this service
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 199
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MSE Staff

"Verification Pending

Thanks

Hey,

This one is taking us slightly longer to figure out I'm afraid. We're working with Experian who are looking into it for us but we will be emailing all users affected once it's been resolved.

Apologies in the meantime. :(
  • Hi,

I tried to register for this just so that I could use it to help improve my Credit Score. However, no matter what I do, I continue to get the same error message.

I have closed my Credit Club account and reopened it going through the same process. I have also received the verification emails etc.

Credit_Club.jpg

Any suggestions?
  • What a shame there holding wrong information about my address. Really I thought MSE would have checked first before listing address. But no. It seems they grab data from Royal Mail.

Another company that does not list my correct address thanks to royal mail.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,642
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    weeloudawg wrote: »
    What a shame there holding wrong information about my address. Really I thought MSE would have checked first before listing address. But no. It seems they grab data from Royal Mail.

Another company that does not list my correct address thanks to royal mail.
    Firstly this has very little to do with MSE, they just use the information supplied by Experian.

How have they got your address wrong ? What have you done to get it corrected ? How does it differ from that on your council tax bill ? Addresses held on the Royal Mail database are usually obtained from the local council.
  • Royal mail are using made up flat numbers. The address listed on the council tax bill is completely different.

I have tried contacting RM many occasions and they simply refuse to renumber the whole flat at my request. No one else gives two !!!!s in my flat. For the address you have listed for me my post always ends up in someone elses door and not mine. Even the postmans confused. We all have door numbers PROVIDED BY THE COUNCIL when the new doors got installed. Which state the correct numbers. Not the information you guys have.

Previous suggestions was complain to the ICO, but would that even work? Like you said, you passed the buck straight to experian, who will then do the same to royal mail.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure