Charge for copies of my bank statements

Comments

• karenj
    karenj Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is it all not computerised now?? Surely it must be if you can download 6 years' worth of statements online now????? Microfiche seems a bit old hat to me..... How long was it that you worked in a bank?

Still think it's excessive for requesting information that belongs to you.
  • There is a cost for copy statements. If you are requesting a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 that is a different kettle of fish and the statutory charge is £10. Either you want a SAR or copy statements. If you want copy statements then you pay what the institution concerned charges for them.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Culex
    Culex Posts: 776 Forumite
    Natalieee wrote: »
    I Hate HSBC .. Why Do They Only Employ Dickh[STRIKE]e[/STRIKE]ads ..
    FYPFY! :rotfl:
    Excuse My Language
    Certainly.

To reply to your question: with the sizes of the Church and the Army declining, someone else has to employ those idiots. :p
  • Well you know, If you kept the statement you originally received, you wouldn't have to worry about wasting the banker's time looking up statements that you carelessly misplaced.
  • Terrievamp
    Terrievamp Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2015 at 6:58PM
    Does anyone know how much Santander/Abbey will charge for Old bank statements as far back as 04/2000. We had a tax cockup and we are trying to sort it out!
  • Why not just ring them up and ask them?
  • Hey guys,

Thought you'd like to know that I just tried to get some old statements (yeah I know, someone's going to be filing a little late...) and the guy on the phone said that they're having a complete reworking of all online systems. You can now order two or more statements for the princely sum of £10! If you order 1-2 then it's a fiver per statement so it still only adds up to £10 max! They also offer PDF statements for the last four online statements.

I think maybe the fact that they've been hammered in the press and have suffered a really bad blow to their rep has made them come over all cooperative (no pun intended).
  • Hi can you tell me why the links in your signature are dead i need pointing to the template letters thank you.
  • Can someone point me to the template for the 1st letter please.
  • Hello
    I'm going to send to Danske Bank Data Protection Request, because I need 5 years stetments.
    I want to send them £10, but I don't have cheque book so I want to send postal order and here is a question what should I write on it? Does "Danske Bank" as a recipient is ok?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure