Sully BP car boot sale

crompton
crompton Posts: 463
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi guys, we are going to do a bootsale this sunday (if its still going) and just wanted to know what time it opens, how much it is, and any other things we should know i.e best places to put the stall and things like that. cheers :beer: :D
Like what I said? click thanks!:rotfl: :rotfl:

100th Post : 31st July 2006
200th Post : 10th September 2006
300th Post : 6th January 2007
300th Post : 12th April 2007

Comments

• crompton
    Forumite
    bump-a-bump, bump

• Hiya Crompton I sell there quite often and it is on this weekend. The charge is £5.00 a car, whereas before they would take the £5 as you drive in due to queues and complaints from the Sully residents, they come around for the £5.00 once you have set your table up.

I believe that some sellers start queuing outside at 7am to get a good pitch, the earlier you get there, the closer to the top end of the field you are. I tend to get there for 7.30am and find myself half way in the field. They have tried to stop traders too so the majority of sellers are people just de-cluttering and trying to make a few bob.

The Sully club toilets are open for the public to use and there are the usual burgers vans, hot drink sellers there too.

I didn't sell last week but had a lovely morning just wandering up and down the field buying plants for the garden. At times there have been up to 500 tables set up in the field so lots of choice and variety.

Generally, most sellers pack up around mid-day, if I am selling I park the car, go for a wander then set up my stall. There is usually a steady stream of buyers with the peak time at around 10am.

Good Luck if you do go tomorrow

Welshy x
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • crompton
    Forumite
    cheers welshy we are going to be there for 7am :( lol so i will leave my parents to do the stall and i think i will get a warm drink and have a wander

• Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803
    Forumite
    Please tell us how it went - we're thinking of our annual declutter next week.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • crompton
    Forumite
    It was fabulous. We arrived at 7am (ish) and we were unloading the car and got swamped by people looking for a quick bargain. Nice day everyone was very pleasant and it was packed(the stalls went as far down to the bottom hedges overlooking the sea!) In total we made £135 (after taking out our float and £5 to sell) lol it was a great day and i reconmend it to anyone.

• Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803
    Forumite
    Thanks for that, weather permitting we'll be there next week.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • crompton
    Forumite
    lol we did really well considering it was old stuff from the attic, so we are going back 2weeks time and hopefully ill have made some novelty money from a kit so ill be able to sell those @ £1 each

• WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done Crompton, there cannot be many more weeks left for the Sully sale, if I am correct the last one will be on the next bank holiday weekend so that means only 3 to go before they end for the winter.

Welshy x
  • crompton
    Forumite
    they end quite early dont they? if it wasnt for the football and rugby starting then i think they would go on at least untill the 2nd week of september because if you get a nice day it can be really nice...did you go today welshy?? i think we did well for our first one

• WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello Crompton I did not go to Sully yesterday because I am trying to declutter at the moment and with the planned extension we are losing alot of our storage space, as it will be demolished before being rebuilt.

OH tends me I am abit of a shopaholic so I resisted the temptations of lots of bargains that I don't really need !!!

Welshy x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure