Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jessicaamy89
    • By jessicaamy89 7th Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jessicaamy89
    Piggy Banking
    • 7th Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    Piggy Banking 7th Dec 17 at 10:53 AM
    Couples how is best to arrange your bank accounts.

Currently OH and I have our own personal bank accounts and a joint savings account. A bizzare selection of the household bills comes out of each of our accounts. mostly mine, but i earn the least. so I always have to ask him to transfer me money and so on.

We want to arrange our finances better and I like the piggy bank idea. But if we have our wages going into our own accounts i worry ill still be relying on him to update me as to how much money is available towards bills and to transfer money into the bills account.

My idea was to have a main account that all the wages go into and all the bills go out of. Then have standing order set up to transfer money into a joint savings account for xmas, a joint savings account for big purchases, and a joint savings account for the weddings. and a transfer out to our own personal accounts for spends. Then a joint account that our weekly income goes into (plus a top up from our monthly salary) so we both have access to money for food and fuel.

Does this make sense?
Page 2
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Dec 17, 10:50 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    But you're not spending "his" money.

You're a couple - so it's "your" money
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,074Posts Today

6,733Users online

Martin's Twitter