Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marylynn1949
    • By Marylynn1949 7th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Marylynn1949
    Insure 4 Excess
    • 7th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    Insure 4 Excess 7th Dec 17 at 5:35 PM
    Is this company still active. They refused to take a renewal claim from me, saying they were changing their underwriters. Their website is down, allegedly for maintenance. I have taken out excess insurance elsewhere, but is my daughter, with a current policy, still covered, or does she need to cut her losses and seek cover elsewhere as well?
Page 1
    • rs65
    • By rs65 7th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    • 5,295 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    rs65
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:05 PM
    It is just a trading name of Towergate, who still exist. Even if they didn't, who is the underwriter?
    • Marylynn1949
    • By Marylynn1949 8th Dec 17, 6:12 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marylynn1949
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:12 PM
    • 8th Dec 17, 6:12 PM
    I have looked at Towergate, and they were under FCA investigation last week. When I phoned the company, they said they were in the process of changing their underwriter.
    • rs65
    • By rs65 9th Dec 17, 12:33 AM
    • 5,295 Posts
    • 2,511 Thanks
    rs65
    • 9th Dec 17, 12:33 AM
    • 9th Dec 17, 12:33 AM
    I have looked at Towergate, and they were under FCA investigation last week. When I phoned the company, they said they were in the process of changing their underwriter.
    Originally posted by Marylynn1949
    I doubt Towergate being under investigation for something has any relevance to you.

Changing underwriter is probably irrelevant too. I suspect her current policy will be fine until renewal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

618Posts Today

5,199Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin