Unlimited hot drinks Wetherspoons

Most Wetherspoons now have a self service hot drinks machine. Pay at the bar and you get a mug. The options are black coffee tea latte flat white etc
It’s Lavazza coffee so you can get a reasonable flat white. You are allowed to have unlimited refills!
In my two local Wetherspoons one charges £1.20 the other £1.40. What a bargain for unlimited coffees
Oh and when I was in London last month £1.65 for unlimited coffees happy days:j

Comments

• Since when? Our spoons does unlimited refills of 99p filter coffee not the lattes and flat whites etc.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Lizabeth21 wrote: »
    Since when? Our spoons does unlimited refills of 99p filter coffee not the lattes and flat whites etc.

Since mid Nov in selected sites with the self service machines apparently

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/drink/coffee-and-hot-drinks
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    They were trialling a few months back and rolling out to a lot more pubs.

one of my locals was due one a while back but has only just got some plumbing done.

These are going to be dependent on the local staff being able to keep on top of replenishment and cleaning.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    We have 2 in town and they both do this. Its tetley tea which is quite nice and strong. They even have DS's Expresso as an option.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Noel1957 wrote: »
    In my two local Wetherspoons one charges £1.20 the other £1.40. What a bargain for unlimited coffees
    Oh and when I was in London last month £1.65 for unlimited coffees happy days:j

It was £1.05 in a Wetherspoons I went to - including syrups you could help yourself to.

So I tried a few 'cocktails' - like Gingerbread and Cherry Latte. That one tasted horrible!

(They also offered green tea and decaff tea as part of the deal - but no decaf coffee.)
  • DREKLY
    DREKLY Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Unfortunately hot chocolate is not an option from self service machines,
    They used to do a smashing hot chocolate with whipped cream from behind the counter.....
    A retrograde move, in my opinion, we should be paid for doing the bar staff's work. :(
    16 x Enhance 250w panels + SolarEdge Inverter + TREES :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport