£2015 in 2015

Options
Former_MSE_Megan
Former_MSE_Megan Posts: 439 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 27 January 2015 at 1:42PM in Boost your income
Hey everyone! We saw mennie's post back in 2012 about this and decided to recreate it cus we liked it so much! :)

So, the challenge here is to make £2015 in 2015. Whether that's from savings or by boosting your income somehow, it all counts!

mennie suggested setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of your earnings using the following categories...
  • Selling - Ebay, Amazon Market Place, Music Magpie, Local Paper, Boot Fair, Swapping, Green Metropolis
  • Surveys - You Gov, one poll, Pure Profile
  • Paid to Click - Archer Fish, Pigsback
  • Cashback - Top Cashback, R Points, Free Fivers, Quidco, FatCheese, My Shopping Rewards, Misc
  • Mystery Shopping - Grass Roots, Gap Buster, Retail Eyes
  • Freebies - Applied for, Blagged, Multibuys, Chance, Try me free
  • Coupons - Applied for, Blagged, chance
  • Loyalty - Club Card, Nectar, local garden centre, east coast, cafe nero, advantage cards
  • Complaints - Train delay, voucher, cheque, product
  • Trials - Tesco, Boots
  • Misc - unfranked stamps, overtime, bonus, competition wins, money found on floor, Interest

I'll keep track of those signing up to the challenge below and I might even try it myself! So, who's with me?!

List of £2015 in 2015 Challengers
katykicker
sonicetomeetyou
Harleyquinn
asajj
Jane91
bouboumum

The original thread is here if you'd like to get some inspiration! We've also got last year's thread here

Good luck everyone! We're on Twitter as well if you need extra support! :beer:

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in (as always). Will be nice for people to interact here more with this challenge, rather than on a facebook page that some people aren't permitted to be members of :)

I did it last year by the 1st of March, but that was thanks to some unexpected funds, so in 2015 I will just see how I go. Good luck to all!

I look forward to seeing what people have to say about the ways they will earn money. My way is going to be surveys, paid to websites and numerous other websites that I use, and have mostly found here on MSE :)
  • sonicetomeetyou
    Options
    I'm in! I will mostly be using survey sites and selling (if I can ever actually motivate myself to get things listed) to earn some extra pennies, and cashback when I can too. :)
  • Harleyquinn
    Options
    I'm in too!!! Need to get my act together and get some savings behind me :) can i ask a silly question? does anyone know how to create a spread sheet to keep track of this? I'm not the best on computers :P
    Debt Paid - £0/£7240
    Debt free goal date - 30 April 2019.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I'm in too :) I will be swagbucksing, surveying and will try to sell some of my unwanted items on Vinted and Ebay.
    ally.
  • Jane91
    Jane91 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Please add me!!!! im ready for a challenge
    [STRIKE]Debt3 £1789.07 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Debt4 £2508.36 Debt5 £2551.69 [/STRIKE]Debt6 £7500.00 Paid in Full[/STRIKE]

PAID DMP:j:j
    Loose Change:beer:
  • Former_MSE_Megan
    Options
    Woo! I'll add you guys to the list :)

Harleyquinn, here's a link to a simple tutorial on how to use Excel, but you can also do it in Google Spreadsheet quite easily.

Join the MSE Forum
  • bouboumum
    Options
    Please do count me in! I have a horrible long standing overdraft debt! It is a small one - only £ 800 but I have no income as I am a stay at home mum and this is my little secret from my hubby. So I am determined to wipe this off next year. I would be so relieved!!!

I am gaining momentum in surveys and crowdsourcing jobs. That would be my main way to earn my money!
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    This thread didn't really work last year, I thought it was agreed to end it?
  • Former_MSE_Megan
    Options
    If it can help one person to save, Cotta, then it works! :)

Join the MSE Forum
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MSE_Megan wrote: »
    . . .
    mennie suggested setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of your earnings using the following categories...
    • Misc - unfranked stamps, overtime, bonus, competition wins, money found on floor, Interest

I hope the reposting of a reference to unfranked stamps isn't MSE encouraging the attempt to use postage stamps which have already been used to pay for a service (delivery of the item). This second use is not lawful. The value of the stamp would have been used in its first use and attempting to get a service (delivery of another item) without paying isn't money saving but attempted fraud.

I now wait to be flamed for daring to suggest that people shouldn't do that, that postage is so expensive, etc.

And of course that couldn't possibly have been meant by the original poster.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure