~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Comments

• lozza1985
    lozza1985 Posts: 3,373 Forumite
    Usually within a couple of working days, which probably won't include weekends x
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Back on here briefly, just to be nosey! :wave:

Recently read 'Long Way Round' by Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman & found the following:

(Charley talking about mosquitos when camping) 'Even Avon Skin-so-Soft which an angler friend had told me was the best mosquito repellant, had failed to keep the little b******d away.'

Make of that what you will :D
    'Better to ask a silly question than to make a silly mistake' Elliebee's Mum ;)

Avon Lady 2007-2010
  • lozza1985
    Elliebee wrote: »
    Back on here briefly, just to be nosey! :wave:

Recently read 'Long Way Round' by Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman & found the following:

(Charley talking about mosquitos when camping) 'Even Avon Skin-so-Soft which an angler friend had told me was the best mosquito repellant, had failed to keep the little b******d away.'

Make of that what you will :D

Good to hear from you! :j
    Haha, must be a tougher variety of mozzies there lol! I have to say I find it's great, I don't tend to get bitten, but OH does, and this really stops them, well on the parts you spray. Last time he didn't spray his stomach in the evening (with obviously wearing a shirt to go out), and the little angels bit him on his tummy. So he gets sprayed pretty much everywhere now lol.:rotfl:
    Avon Lady since 2009 - I help on the Avon hints & tips thread to help other reps/new sales leaders as I was helped so much by it when I first started out :A
  • Norz
    Norz Posts: 13 Forumite
    Thank you Lozza Ive just found this thread and I'll be emailing it to my ladies.:beer:

The only one comment is on this bit:

Please check here first in case your question has already been asked, if it hasn't, please feel free to post.

The previous thread can be found here.

You have got to be kidding, I need to be delivering books, not spending hours back reading, have you seen how long they are?:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, great thread loads of ideas I hope I might be able to contribute too.

The noooooobie waves at everyone.:T
  • missminx
    missminx Posts: 947 Forumite
    Norz wrote: »
    Thank you Lozza Ive just found this thread and I'll be emailing it to my ladies.:beer:

Please check here first in case your question has already been asked, if it hasn't, please feel free to post.

You have got to be kidding, I need to be delivering books, not spending hours back reading, have you seen how long they are?:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, great thread loads of ideas I hope I might be able to contribute too.

The back reading is very worthwhile! Plus there's only so many times we can repeat the same advice when it is already on the first few pages ;) Glad you will find it useful.
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
  • lozza1985
    Norz wrote: »

Haha no, don't mean for people to read the whole of the previous thread, just the first post on this thread as it covers the most common questions and means people can get an answer quickly.

Welcome to the thread :)
  • Norz
    Norz Posts: 13 Forumite
    lozza1985 wrote: »
    Haha no, don't mean for people to read the whole of the previous thread, just the first post on this thread as it covers the most common questions and means people can get an answer quickly.

Welcome to the thread :)

Thanks Lozza, great thread, will definately be copying my reps into this.
  • inaminute
    inaminute Posts: 288 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2011 at 11:02AM
    Great new thread Lozza!

Just wanted to thank the ladies who helped me last week regarding the Avon Rich Nourishing Face cream. Picked the 'offending' tub up from my customer on Friday, and yes its like liquid and not at all like you'd think a moisturiser should be.

Haven't had a great response from C13 so hoping that C14 will be better. The children where I live should be back at school when I have to put my C14 order in and I'm hoping this will encourage everyone to turn their focus towards Christmas! ;)
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think I've mentioned this before.
    But customers have statutory rights that Avon cannot deny (I'm not saying they are).
    If a product is actually faulty then customers are entitiled to a refund or replacement under the sales of goods act. If it's on day 91 then that makes not difference. Avon cannot override UK law.

I'm sure that genuine problems can be sorted as Avon seem to be a good company, but I'm just pointing out that just because a retailers warranty doesn't cover something that cannot overrule stautory rights.
  • piknie47
    piknie47 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Just recently joined Avon and starting to get my head around it a bit more. My 2nd order is due tomorrow and I'm glad I qualify for the £148 level commission as I didn't get anything on my 1st order. I wasn't really ready to do the 1st order, but did it anyway, and now with hindsight, I should have waited because that was just dead money. Well too late now and in reality, it was probably better to just get started.

The above info is really helpful and I'm glad you clarified that we didn't need to read 'all' the threads. You had me very worried for a moment! These forums are invaluable and although it does take time to read them, I feel that the time invested is very worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.
    Virgin CC £1,738.84 Barclays O/D £32,012.24
    Total debt £33,751.08 as at 2.1.13
    Short term goal - pay off Virgin CC by end of Jan 2013:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business