virgin expensive and rude customer services

I recently decided to change from Bt to Virgin who for the phone were dearer than bt but better broadband. I had phone bt first but there quotes were quite expencive. I argreed a price over the phone with Virgin and I haggled them down as Sky did a cheeper quote. Fine. Until I got my agreement in the post saying price and instalation date. The price was different to what was agreed. whay out. Then bt got intouch saying sorry to hear I was leaving etc and they then said they could drop there prices if I was to stay. Now Bt charge for anytime calls 5.15 but this includes 0845 numbers, virgin however charge 8.00 for anytime calls or 4.50 is you want evening and weekend. and a further 2.00 if you want 0845 numbers included. But have a better internet. I contacted Virgin to query my contract and to tell them bt's offer. The man on the end of the phone started to yell at me and was not very plesent at all. He did not want to discuss my contract error nicely or calmly for that matter and accused me of wasting there time and I should have negotiaed a deal with bt instead of bothering them. I promptly told this man to cancel my contract as I was still in the cooling off period and well with in my rights and he started on me again for being a time waster and that I should think twice before contacting virgin in the future. Hense unless there phone package changes and the staff are better I will not be going back to virgin.

Comments

• I've been with VM for 20 odd years and I too was told one price over the phone (25 per month) and sent a contract for 48.58 per month!!!! I don't think I'll be taking up their offer!
    :j I hope my comment helps :T
  • This was similar to my experience of Virgin, we had been with them for around 3 years when we left. Not a company I would ever use again or recommend.
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    eleroo123 wrote: »
    I contacted Virgin .... the man on the end of the phone he started on me again for being a time waster and that I should think twice before contacting virgin in the future.
    You cannot fault his advice. I would certainly think twice before contacting Virgin especially as I am looking for a new provider.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure