GalaHotels.com has anyone used this site?

Comments

• tiger0
    tiger0 Posts: 2 Newbie
    frankdd wrote: »
    They were not able to deliver the advertised hotel and price and offered a fully refund. Now 5 weeks later I still wait for the refund.Your credit card is charged same day you book the refund takes time and time. Will it happen anytime?
    Frank :(

Hi Frank

End March I made a room reservation for mid April, but some days later I had to cancel it. they told me that the cancellation fee is €20. The same day I got the booking confirmation end March, €300 for the room were charged, but now, 6 weeks later, I still am waiting for the €280 refund.

After how many weeks did you get the refund?
    Thomas
  • tiger0
    tiger0 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Now two months later I have got back the full amoung due of €260 to my credit card account, hence it took time but at the end everything was fine.
  • I booked a hotel in France a few days ago with Gala Hotels. I received the confirmation, invoice and voucher within a few minutes. I noticed the address for Gala was in Turkey and decided to check them out online. This site and others got me worried so I contacted the hotel directly. The hotel has confirmed my booking, there was no need to worry.:)
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    If there was ever a thread full of newbies, this is one of them. Hmmmm not sure the posters are the real deal
  • I book hotel in Paris via Galahotel.com. They sent the confirmation and voucher for me and debited my account immidiately.
    One day before the trip they informed me that they are not able to provide the hotel without offering alternatives. They allegated that because of technical problem from the side of the hotel. Excusing, etc.

I contacted the hotel directly and they said there is no reservation under my name and they did not work with Galahotels.

I have been still waiting my money back.

Completely not recommended. Avoid them.
  • GalaHotels.com is a very good place where you can get some good deals for your travel abroad. I have to use it and found good. The procedure of this site is very helpful and you can understand it very easily.
  • Be careful with this site!!!!! My experience: I booked a room at Best Western in Bordeaux for last weekend (12 Oct) on 19 September through Gala after carrying out a web search of available deals: it was just impossible to find a room there. But Gala was offering me different choices. I booked two double rooms. The conditions for cancelation: I should notify 3 days before arrival without charge.

On September 22 I received a telephone call from a hidden phone number. I was told that they were calling from Turkey. I was told that, unfortunately, they couldn’t offer the rooms, but that they had another hotel to offer me. That they would send a letter with the details. The mail was received on the 23rd. I didn’t like the hotel and wrote them to cancel the reservation. Another mail was received on the 24th: “We cancelled your reservation. You will get a full refund for it. Please take note that this process can take up to 21 working days for verification. We apologize for the inconvenience”. I didn’t understand at that moment what they meant with the “verification”. But I immediately understood it: my VISA had already been charged (€1,072.10) on the 22nd, the same day they were telling me that they were not able to offer the service required. I was supposed not be charged in advance (I didn’t see anywhere this) and they were telling me that they needed 21 working days to give my money back.

Today, October 22nd, the money has not been returned yet. Is it so easy to steal the money?
  • Pello wrote: »
    Be careful with this site!!!!! My experience: I booked a room at Best Western in Bordeaux for last weekend (12 Oct) on 19 September through Gala after carrying out a web search of available deals: it was just impossible to find a room there. But Gala was offering me different choices. I booked two double rooms. The conditions for cancelation: I should notify 3 days before arrival without charge.

On September 22 I received a telephone call from a hidden phone number. I was told that they were calling from Turkey. I was told that, unfortunately, they couldn’t offer the rooms, but that they had another hotel to offer me. That they would send a letter with the details. The mail was received on the 23rd. I didn’t like the hotel and wrote them to cancel the reservation. Another mail was received on the 24th: “We cancelled your reservation. You will get a full refund for it. Please take note that this process can take up to 21 working days for verification. We apologize for the inconvenience”. I didn’t understand at that moment what they meant with the “verification”. But I immediately understood it: my VISA had already been charged (€1,072.10) on the 22nd, the same day they were telling me that they were not able to offer the service required. I was supposed not be charged in advance (I didn’t see anywhere this) and they were telling me that they needed 21 working days to give my money back.

Today, October 22nd, the money has not been returned yet. Is it so easy to steal the money?

This exact same thing has just happened to me. Booked the Hilton Manchester. Got the confirmation and booking guarantee only to get an email saying they can no longer offer the room at that price and offering a refund. But the refund will take up to 21 days. Please avoid Gala like the plague
  • A year later... In a bit of a hurry, I booked a hotel in Dublin with this crowd. Just sensed something wrong with it when I received a confirmation email. On the top of the page I read "Be careful! This sender has failed our fraud detection checks." - Alarm bells..! From doing some fishing around the vast internet knowledgebase, (including here) I have read some unsettling stuff. I feel sorry for anyone who's been scammed out of any big money.. I'm only out 50 quid so far. The hotel has still no record of our stay - (it's tomorrow - Thu) If they come good, that's ok, but Judging by what I've read so far, I'm not convinced.. As far as the comments above are concerned, I see what ya mean about Newbies and their fake posts..! I'm a newbie myself, but I guess ya have to start somewhere..!
  • Right, just called their awful customer services. They insist it is booked, I called the hotel, they confirmed it. it looks like they take bookings via their website, book it through a 3rd party, then cream off a few quid for themselves. Not worth the nights worry and hassle that it creates when you use this outfit. I'd far rather spend an extra few quid for peace of mind. Would not recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure