Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Comments

• Louby - You can do this!! 2017 is a year you'll remember as it'll be the one you become debt free and can finally save and spend on the things you want - like a shiny new bathroom. There may well be lumps and bumps, like you've had this year, but you'll power through and just think of how amazing things will be this time next year?!
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    DF0D thanks so much for popping over! It means so much to have people spurring me on.

Speky my mindset has totally changed regarding money now. And what I've tried to remember is that life shouldn't stop, I've still done things whilst paying off debt. Maybe if I hadn't gone to see Coldplay, travelled to Jersey or went out for an odd curry I may have paid my credit card off sooner - but I made some great memories and lived!! and I did it within my budget!
  • Amen to that. Reducing debt and enjoying life can be done at the same time and you've proved just that.

Here's to a super 2017!
  • crunch_time
    crunch_time Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    louby40 wrote: »
    DF0D thanks so much for popping over! It means so much to have people spurring me on.

Speky my mindset has totally changed regarding money now. And what I've tried to remember is that life shouldn't stop, I've still done things whilst paying off debt. Maybe if I hadn't gone to see Coldplay, travelled to Jersey or went out for an odd curry I may have paid my credit card off sooner - but I made some great memories and lived!! and I did it within my budget!

Budgets rule!!

Crunchy xx
    19/8/19 vs now Current Total debt £14,188 Savings £2757
    Overdraft £1600 vs £1050
    HSBC1 £1900 vs £3868
    HSBC2 £4100 vs £3730
    Virgin 1 £3050 vs £2800
    House stuff and improvements £4460 Virgin 2 £2740
  • louby40 wrote: »

Anytime, I'm a bit of a survey fan as well and am absolutely clearing my debt in 2017
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • louby40
    Been to the gym this morning, 3k run, 2000m row and some weights! Then came home and did some cleaning and washing. Checked my surveys and Yay! I got to £20 on Prolific Academic so I can payout once the last bit clears (paypal take a cut if you cashout before £20)

I've got some £ waiting in Mintvine to clear and still waiting for £19 in Topcashback to become available - not bad for nothing!

Off to the local theatre tonight with my 13yr old son and OH 13yr daughter. Tea first so bit of a spend but tickets already paid for. Looking forward to it.

Food shop tomorrow, going to be waiting for them to open the doors at Aldi at 8am tomorrow and then that's it.

Found out my brother, who lives in London is coming up for Christmas now so that's 11 for lunch! Just hope him and my other brother don't fall out about Brexit!!
  • louby40
    Well seems brother isn't coming now - complicated but typical of him! :mad:

I did my Aldi shop this morning, we were waiting at 7.50 for the doors to open along with 50 other people. All veg was 19p :T and I spent £63. My oh spent £35 in the week on beer and cheese, I used a Morrisons £5 voucher to buy some gammon, my mum has bought the turkey and my youngest brother is providing the desserts - so I'm impressed with my spends and how we've shared it all out.

My 2 boys have gone to their dads tonight (back tomorrow) so it's a quiet night in for me and my oh with a film and some wine!

:j
  • New subscriber here, well done on how far you've come :)
    Merry Christmas x
    Debt Free Since June 2016 - Military Wife - Mummy to 2 Children and Pregnant with no3 :o
  • louby40
    Ahh thank you.

I'm a Mrs A too!

See you on the other side
  • louby40 wrote: »
    Been to the gym this morning, 3k run, 2000m row and some weights! Then came home and did some cleaning and washing. Checked my surveys and Yay! I got to £20 on Prolific Academic so I can payout once the last bit clears (paypal take a cut if you cashout before £20)

I've got some £ waiting in Mintvine to clear and still waiting for £19 in Topcashback to become available - not bad for nothing!

Off to the local theatre tonight with my 13yr old son and OH 13yr daughter. Tea first so bit of a spend but tickets already paid for. Looking forward to it.

Food shop tomorrow, going to be waiting for them to open the doors at Aldi at 8am tomorrow and then that's it.

Found out my brother, who lives in London is coming up for Christmas now so that's 11 for lunch! Just hope him and my other brother don't fall out about Brexit!!

top cashback rules i have had a lot of money off them for basic things

buying things on ebay
    using just eat.co.uk
    ordering things with argoses fastrack collect service
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure