Harveys - delivered different sofa from order

2»

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I know this is an open forum and your entitled to your opinion, just as I am - whether you agree or not is your entitlement - BUT to come out with statements like ' Yes, you are entitled to £1 million, and my cut for that advice will be 10%' - is stupid IMO of course

My opinion is Harvey's have delivered me the wrong sofa, without thinking to inform me, mistake or not, it is their mistake not mine, I've taken a days annual holiday to take delivery and now will have to take another day when they get the order right, so again IMO i feel peeved, sorry you dont agree with me - and if i can maybe claim back the delivery fee and get acknowledgement that I've had to take 2 days holiday for their mistake I will be happy with that.

I came on here to ask a reasonable question and expected a reasonable answer - maybe you have nothing better to do that give sarky answers .......

The first thing you need to consider is that they didn't do this on purpose it is very unlikely they knew that the sofa was different. It was only a small difference and you didn't even know yourself until you tried to adjust the headrests.

But there is no need to take an additional days leave, you should have got them to arrange delivery of the new sofa on a day your not at work. But personally I would have asked to have the one if in the showroom (if it's in good condition) for a good discount. They will have to sell it anyway and they can swap it for the one you have to show what the supplier is now producing. So it's win win for everyone and you would be able to get the new one much quicker.
  • picardygirl
    picardygirl Posts: 558
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    By the look on the assistants and the managers face they knew exactly what the issue was - hey i know i have nothing to go on by the 'look' on their faces to get the truth - but at first they acted like they didnt know what i was talking about, so they knew.

Then, i got the compensation offer if i was prepared to keep the one delivered, why did they not suggest that prior to delivery? It does change the look completely when all head rests are up so we would prefer to have what we originally ordered - we searched and searched for a sofa that ticked all the boxes for us and this one did.

I will try and arrange the second delivery for a weekend and see what they say, when the sofa is ready.

The one in the showroom is grey, with a light grey trim, we have dark brown and a matching 3 seater separately, so the showroom one wouldnt work, good idea though if the colour were the same. Thankyou
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I think your reaction is a bit OTT. You make it sound like some sort of conspiracy. 'The look' could have been for anything.

At the end of the day, you will eventually have the sofa you ordered, albeit slightly later than expected. And yes, at least you get to use the others in the meantime.

In relation to your claim for delivery - you would need to mitigate any losses, so asking them to deliver when you'd be in anyway is a good idea. Obviously, if they won't do that, then they should offer you something to cover your expenses for that day.
  • picardygirl
    picardygirl Posts: 558
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think your reaction is a bit OTT. You make it sound like some sort of conspiracy. 'The look' could have been for anything.

At the end of the day, you will eventually have the sofa you ordered, albeit slightly later than expected. And yes, at least you get to use the others in the meantime.

In relation to your claim for delivery - you would need to mitigate any losses, so asking them to deliver when you'd be in anyway is a good idea. Obviously, if they won't do that, then they should offer you something to cover your expenses for that day.

Maybe my reaction is a bit OTT, but i posted on here for people's opinion on what i could reasonably request - even yourself your saying they should cover my expenses for a second delivery, if that cant delivery when convenient for me that is, I agree.

Ive said I cant prove anything, yeah 'the look' could have been for anything, but when i questioned it with the first lady, she asked me what my query was, she acted like she didnt know why I was raising an issue, til the Manager appeared - then it turned out the first lady who I spoke to had already had to re-order 3 of these for other customers - funny that she didnt know what I was talking about but she had previously re-ordered 3 of these HERSELF.

Even the first delivery, I was given a date, wasnt convenient for me to take the day off, so we scheduled it for a day that was, was told timeslot would be given 48 hours prior to delivery, it was, 9am - 1pm delivery, so took entire day off, low and behold delivery was 3pm - could of easily taken half a day, I'm not questioning that day off, things happen, traffic, delivery guys get caught up getting furniture into a house, I'm a realistic person and get that things go wrong sometimes, but to not tell me its not wrong sofa they are delivering is not acceptable IMO of course!

What i do think is OTT is statements like was quoted in the first reply, but again IMO and I'm entitled to that.
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe my reaction is a bit OTT, but i posted on here for people's opinion on what i could reasonably request - even yourself your saying they should cover my expenses for a second delivery, if that cant delivery when convenient for me that is, I agree.

Ive said I cant prove anything, yeah 'the look' could have been for anything, but when i questioned it with the first lady, she asked me what my query was, she acted like she didnt know why I was raising an issue, til the Manager appeared - then it turned out the first lady who I spoke to had already had to re-order 3 of these for other customers - funny that she didnt know what I was talking about but she had previously re-ordered 3 of these HERSELF.

Even the first delivery, I was given a date, wasnt convenient for me to take the day off, so we scheduled it for a day that was, was told timeslot would be given 48 hours prior to delivery, it was, 9am - 1pm delivery, so took entire day off, low and behold delivery was 3pm - could of easily taken half a day, I'm not questioning that day off, things happen, traffic, delivery guys get caught up getting furniture into a house, I'm a realistic person and get that things go wrong sometimes, but to not tell me its not wrong sofa they are delivering is not acceptable IMO of course!

What i do think is OTT is statements like was quoted in the first reply, but again IMO and I'm entitled to that.
    Having worked in a furniture place in the office there could be a number of reasons that the lady didn't know about your query, firstly unless you mentioned it she wouldn't say "How's the couch re-order coming along", secondly she could have been away on holiday when the issue was raised and wasn't privy to the goings on (you'd be surprised how much can happen in a week in furniture).

Whilst some of the responses where a tad OTT I think you could also see this a learning curve, during your initial post you were not very specific, you just wanted to see if there was redress for them delivering the wrong sofa. No.

However if you were specific about your requests and provided all the information in the first post:
    "Is there redress for the wrong sofa" No. "Is there redress for me having to take another day off" maybe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure