Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

It's not even a competition! Wonder if they realise!!?? :rotfl:

I don't think so. I saw one woman nominate (and tagged) her mum, with reasons why. Mum replied to say thanks, then the daughter said "Good luck".
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    SwimWear365's currently have a FB competition for a necklace and perfume bundle and there is a comment with a baby "wish hard, dream big and make it happen" "I'm your biggest fan"... the instructions say all you need to do is like and comment with the hashtag.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lots of sob stories appearing on Interflora's FB page today under an ad for a Bouquet of the Month and the question Who would you give this to? Usual 'to my friend who's just lost her husband, to myself because I've had to give up work due to being disabled, my friend who's had a terrible accident and just come out of a coma, my mum's grave' etc

It's not even a competition! Wonder if they realise!!?? :rotfl:

There's no cure for stupid ;)
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    https://www.facebook.com/hollandspiesofficial/posts/10156802971226515

110 comments and not even a competition :rotfl:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    mansey wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/hollandspiesofficial/posts/10156802971226515

110 comments and not even a competition :rotfl:

Heh!! It just goes to show how desperate some people are to win something, when they don't even READ the original post. It doesn't even mention the word 'competition' :rotfl:
    And even if it was a comp - people who write 'nom nom nom' should be instantly disqualified.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • JesElis
    JesElis Posts: 33 Forumite
    To win a dress, just comment with your choice.

Simple you'd think?

So why the need for someone to use the death of their child as a filler/reason? :sad:

Hugely traumatic for those concerned for sure, but in reality there are millions of people who have suffered heartache, tragedy and loss yet don't feel the need to 'exploit' it, or a dead person for essentially personal gain. You can bet there are people also entering the comp who have had awful experiences, yet just answered the question without unnecessary life event sob commentary :lipsrseal

Am I being too harsh? :undecided
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't think you're being too harsh. I think it's deeply offensive to use a child's death to try to win a comp.
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    I don't think you're being too harsh. I think it's deeply offensive to use a child's death to try to win a comp.

I've just seen the boden competition :( I didn't need to read that today
    2018 wins-12wins
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Gigervamp wrote: »
    Blueyez wrote: »
    I've just seen the boden competition :( I didn't need to read that today

I don't think it was too harsh either. I didn't need to read it either. I was at a funeral of a dear friend of mine yesterday, and I'm still feeling a bit raw over it, so I thought that post was rather distressing. There is no need to post deeply personal things like that. Especially when it is to win a dress.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • maggie777
    maggie777 Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    JesElis wrote: »
    To win a dress, just comment with your choice.

Simple you'd think?

So why the need for someone to use the death of their child as a filler/reason? :sad:

Hugely traumatic for those concerned for sure, but in reality there are millions of people who have suffered heartache, tragedy and loss yet don't feel the need to 'exploit' it, or a dead person for essentially personal gain. You can bet there are people also entering the comp who have had awful experiences, yet just answered the question without unnecessary life event sob commentary :lipsrseal

Am I being too harsh? :undecided

After reading this post I was curious so went to the page and although she didn't win the competition - the company, very kindly of them, have said 'you didn't win the competition, but please email ???????? address + dress size and we'll see what we can do'

This is encouraging the 'sob stories' fake or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure