It that just been paid friday feeling

I have the urge to shop

its just that urge where you have been paid and think "horray i have money i must spend it!" and if i do i know i will have weeks with no money at all

grrrrrrrr it almost makes me hate pay day !!!

Comments

• Beanietdc
    Beanietdc Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think I have almost gone the other way with my money saving ways. I dread pay day because I know lots of money (all covered) will be flying out of my account. Worse still, I know that there will be a bit of spare cash in there for me and I don't want to be tempted to spend it. :mad:

Once I am about 5 days into the new month I go back to the thinking of "Oh I have no money for the rest of the month" and I settle back down again! It's all completely psychological. :rotfl:

Maybe I am getting a bit obsessed with the money saving lark! :money:
    Debt free date - June 2008 :T :T :T
  • loopyloulou_3
    loopyloulou_3 Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    i know what you mean! i am much better when i know i have NO money at all! its the temptation that gets to me!
  • Imelda
    Imelda Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    hi lou,

I can fully sympathise, I get paid on the 25th (23rd this month) and all my dds go out on the 1st, it is a painstaking wait as the balance in my account has me itching to hit the shops. What I do is disregard the balance on my internet banking and create my own balance on excel, it shows me my balance after all my bills have been paid. I then work out a budget for the rest of the month, ie for birthdays, nights out so I can see the effect if I spend anything. If anything I am more disciplined at the beginning of the month (new budget, new spreadsheet) now than I am in the last week before pay day....
    Saving for an early retirement!
  • loopyloulou_3
    loopyloulou_3 Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    i think im just going to pretend its a week before payday! and go back to thinking stingy!
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Please dont hit me but payday doesnt make a difference to me, sorry!! I dont have that "ooooh what can I buy" feeling I used to get. Which is good, but also a bit boring schmoring :rolleyes: !! Mind you, I did buy a book today in Waterstones & used a £5 voucher I had - still £5.99 though! :eek: That will be going on ebay....!!
  • I have the urge to shop

its just that urge where you have been paid and think "horray i have money i must spend it!" and if i do i know i will have weeks with no money at all

Know what you mean!!! But getting out of that habit now!! Especially as I don't hold the card for the account that my wages go into!!! :rotfl:
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • yeslek
    yeslek Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Beanietdc wrote:
    I think I have almost gone the other way with my money saving ways. I dread pay day because I know lots of money (all covered) will be flying out of my account. Worse still, I know that there will be a bit of spare cash in there for me and I don't want to be tempted to spend it. :mad:

Once I am about 5 days into the new month I go back to the thinking of "Oh I have no money for the rest of the month" and I settle back down again! It's all completely psychological. :rotfl:

Maybe I am getting a bit obsessed with the money saving lark! :money:
    i'm a little like that, i'm too scared to spend even on months like this where i'm a little better off i'm too scared to shop cos i know i'll probably need it at some point.
    kinda the rainy day fund thing too
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have the urge to shop

Why dont you go and blow the budget in lidl or poundland :rotfl:
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    I got paid on 23rd too and it nearly all gone on DD's and SO's etc, although one of my DD's is into a savings account so I am not tempted to take out more cash than my budget it seems to work for me.

My tip is to seperate your spending money from your bill money so you don't spend the Gas fund or whatever.

We pay our bills out of a joint account and my contribution leaves the day after payday so what's left is mine all mine.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Know what you mean!!! But getting out of that habit now!! Especially as I don't hold the card for the account that my wages go into!!! :rotfl:

Hey Purple'

That has just given me a very good idea for how to limit my spending, basic account here I come!

I'm thinking £50 standing order to bog standard current acc' from the wages one, "lose" wages acc' card!

Thanks for giving me that idea!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills