The Random Diary Of Mortgage free wannabe.

Options

Comments

• charlie007
    charlie007 Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    Student arrived with gifts. Very lovely. Think this is the nicest way to make a few pounds. X
    Mortgage free Start amount feb 2014 227000. Current amount nov 2014 217000.

Challenges 2015
    No alcohol January. No spend February
    Write down all spends over the whole year
  • charlie007
    Options
    Day three of our student staying with us. So far so good. She is lovely and very polite. this weeks money has gone on new tyres. Joy. But better to be earning the extra pence and paying the mortgage. I think the actual money comes into the bank on Friday so I will make a transfer to the mortgage. Happy Tuesday's :)

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    Money from the student was paid in on Thursday when I checked today. Made a transfer to the mortgage and paid child care fees as kept forgetting. I have managed to do a meal plan for the week from what we already have in which is good. I am also enjoying the allotment we had rubarb crumble tonight and have enough left for the rest of the street. Planted up 4 of the beds now at the allotment. The potatoes are coming through and hopefully the onions are doing well too. Really need to find a cheap or free deep freezer :)

Challenges 2015
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aw I want rhubarb crumble now :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • charlie007
    Options
    I have been doing some basic maths and I think tho I am far from sure that if I overpay just under 600 pounds a month that will take two years off the mortgage for every year I overpay. I think 300 cuts a month off of te life of the mortgage. This feels much more achievable and a goal rather then the huge sum that is the total needing to be repaid. I have over paid quite a bit this year and still plan to continue but I think a target for the monthly amount will keep me on track. Next month we have two students staying for three weeks so this will cover the overpayment next month and also the same again the month after. We have a few more booked in up to September so will see if they have any more who need to book later today. Then I also need to get listing. I have loads of summer clothes that tiddly won't fit into this year due to her growing about a cm a night. They can go on as can some things I have made. Happy Tuesday. Fantastic that it is bank holiday season. Then on the count down to the end of school for summer. Whoop whoop.

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    The crumble is amazing. Tho I think when we have eaten all that has grown we may be tired of it. Parsnips last month rubarb this. Yum.

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    No spend day yesterday. Managed to work at home so saved on fuel to. Got a drinks bottle on saturday to take water in to work / the allotment with. Roll on Friday as I am ready for the weekend. Time is going really fast at the moment.

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    Wanted to put a payment into the mortgage today as I saved a few pounds but am beyond tired so will have to do it tomorrow. Went out for tea tonight and we all ate off the children's menu which saved us a fair bit. I know it would be cheaper to have not gone out but it is a long journey and we can't stay in eating beans forever. Had a call from the student host lady and she is sending out some more details in the post they should be here tomorrow so hopefully we will have some more to add. It has been so much fun. I think we get the next payment tomorrow. Easiest money ever made. Have also been invited to do another. Adler research project on Monday so that will be another over payment :). Even better . . . Tomorrow is fffffff Friday. Thank god. Roll on the may half term.

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    Thank god it is friday. Been a long week. Money saving thing today. No spend. Not a chance as work was so hectic. Did manage to have breakfast at home then nothing else but coffee til 5. Now have homebrew wine that is ready. 7 bottles for 12 pounds. If it is any good I may do more and have a few varieties 'in stock'. Got paid for the student today and made an over payment. Dh also got paid so may make another.

No plans for the weekend other than the student going home so may get to the allotment tomorrow and also need to get some fresh food at some point. I have managed to make £50 food stretch for two weeks but the fridge is early empty of meals. We have been eating vegi for two weeks as the student is vegi and it makes a huge difference to the food bills. May continue with some of the recipes a couple of times a week.

Challenges 2015
  • charlie007
    Options
    Wine was ok. Drinkable anyway. Made some cakes and went to home bargains for some toiletries. Did some weeding at the allotment and had home to make Dinner. Am
    Making a crochet blanket for our living room.

Challenges 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills