iDebtPlan

Options
2»

Comments

• Whoisright
    Options
    I have just lodged a complaint to Ofcom about this lot. Got a spam text on a sunday giving me a link to releasedebt.co.uk which then repoints to idebtplan.co.uk. When you call them it's actually a debt management agency called harrington brooks.
  • Martiferous
    Options
    Must admit just complained and left reviews as my company email account is getting spammed by this company.
  • nhill
    nhill Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    If you did not give clear and explicit consent to iDebtPlan to use or process your data:

iDebtPlan did so contrary to Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 section 22. Under section 30 of PECR you are entitled to bring proceedings for compensation.

iDebtPlan has ignored the principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 Schedule 1 and processed your data without satisfying the conditions for processing as set out in the Schedule 2. Under section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to bring proceedings for compensation against the data controller.

Issue them with a notice. They may offer a gesture of goodwill. Don't take it. They sent me a cheque for £499 after I started proceedings via small claims.

There are also aggravating circumstances. Director of iDebtPlan, Matthew James Cheetham, is also a director of DEMSA and "committing a serious breach of the DEMSA code" according DEMSA’s Code of Conduct section 7 with regard to iDebtPlan using lead generators who are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and the existence of spamdexing websites that lead directly to idebtplan.co.uk.
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    Doesn't there have to be some element of damage caused to bring a claim? I'm annoyed at them but that's all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure