Rubbish restaurants in NI

Options
D.A.
D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
So, it's been a while since we had any threads (positive or negative) about local restaurants, so here goes, starting with the rubbish ones.

I nominate Springsteen's at Lisburn LeisurePlex. Terrible quality food, deluged in cooking oil.

Over to you folks.

Comments

• warmhands.coldheart
    Options
    D.A. wrote: »
    So, it's been a while since we had any threads (positive or negative) about local restaurants, so here goes, starting with the rubbish ones.

I nominate Springsteen's at Lisburn LeisurePlex. Terrible quality food, deluged in cooking oil.

Over to you folks.

Glorified American style Greasy Spoon !!
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2014 at 12:33PM
    Options
    The Albany Lisburn Road - Never again, rude staff.
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only 1 of those is crap though saverbuyer. ;-)
  • Mr_Bun
    Mr_Bun Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Moes Grill,Junction One,Antrim...overpriced,processed,frozen rubbish
    Redz,Junction One,Antrim...as above,same owners!!!
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Balloo House Bistro. Overpriced along with surly staff attitude. I live a matter of minutes away but will never grace their premises again due to a number of terrible experiences.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr_Bun wrote: »
    Moes Grill,Junction One,Antrim...overpriced,processed,frozen rubbish
    Redz,Junction One,Antrim...as above,same owners!!!

Same for every Brewers Fayre and Wetherspoons/ Lloyds No 1 in the country, prices may be cheaper than above but food is same processed microwavable crap. They hide the taste by selling you loads of cheap out of date beers, the crafty gits :rotfl:
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Diner at the Jet centre coleraine .overpriced hard cold burgers and rude staff .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • 2gorgeousgirls
    2gorgeousgirls Posts: 423 Forumite
    edited 5 April 2014 at 10:39AM
    Options
    Spinnakers, Portrush, 4 of us ate there recently and there was something wrong with every meal.

See someone nominate Moe's at Junction 1. On a plus note the Moes at the Castledawson roundabout in Magherafelt is fantastic.
  • flipperni
    flipperni Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    steveymp wrote: »
    Same for every Brewers Fayre and Wetherspoons/ Lloyds No 1 in the country, prices may be cheaper than above but food is same processed microwavable crap. They hide the taste by selling you loads of cheap out of date beers, the crafty gits :rotfl:

I agree Brewers Fayre food is vile. The mashed potatoes have got to be the worst i have tasted. _pale__pale_
  • jenheiffer
    jenheiffer Posts: 395 Forumite
    Options
    Chiquito's in Victoria centre. Staff are OK but the food is mostly junk - and not cheap either.

Speranza's isn't great either - most of the dishes have very little meat or pasta, just a massive dish of sauce. Staff again OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure