Akitv Kapital

Hi,
Really need your Help.:( I had letter from Aktiv Kapital saying i owed them £9,798, and offering me to pay £1.987 in total. i ignored the letter, as i did not think i owed them the debt.. I then applied for a car loan, and was declined.. So i assumed it must be this that had stopped me.. so i paid the £1.987 on my credit card, as i was going into hospital for a major opp, (so was very stressed ).. when i came out of hospital, and had time on my hands i checked out this site (wish i had before i paid the money ). So then checked my credit report, and there is nothing on there from this company or for that amount. (dont know if the debt is mine, if it was it would have been from 1997 ?, so that would mean it was staute barred ? .. I am getting approx 12 calls per day and letters from them saying i still owe them over £10.000 grand, as i didnt pay the org £1.987 in time, which is not what they said on the phone, and the wedsite said account settled..
I want to know how to stop them phoning me, and can i claim the money back from them or my credit card ?
Any help you can offer please, as this is making me ill :o

Thank you

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    You are right, you have complicated matters by sending off £1987 - they now think you are good for more.

You need to send them the phone harassment letter, to get them off your phone. As you must realise, with Debt Collectors, it is never deal by phone, always in writing. And you need to send them the prove it letter to make them stump up some proof of the debt. After this comes through, you should be able to work out whether the debt is actually yours and whether it is statute barred.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure