Clickworker

Comments

• emmalaura wrote: »
    I've just applied for a job via student jobs (i'm an undergrad Business student) doing "address research"

I was just wondering what the criteria was for being accepted (what did you have to do?) and how much you get paid?

Am a little bit confused...do you mean you've just applied to Clickworker? If so, they have various assessments that you have to complete to be offered work. I know that to do any of the written assignments you need to have been graded with at least 90% or more in your written assessment. Pay varies depending on the work involved. Mind you, i've found that pay/hour is better to consider than the overall amount for the assignment. For example, there is some work on there that pays better per article, but its takes me about 4 times as long to do as the lower paying jobs and doesn't pay 4 x the amount (if that makes sense!?).

I don't know anything about the address research though i'm afraid.
  • Uh Oh! Clickworker work has all dried up!
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Uh Oh! Clickworker work has all dried up!

(Come back to the SB thread - there's even a code out right now :))
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • I do still read the SB thread, but was rather :( about all the stuff a few days ago. Felt a bit like we all have to watch our tongues in case the self appointed police decide we say the wrong thing! But never fear, I am still Swagbucking and still find it is my largest source of additional income!
  • katini
    katini Posts: 197
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can I just ask, with the Groupon ones, do you find that yours end up sounding similar? Obviously different category and location, but just generally saying the same thing. Am worried they are going to think I am self plagerising!

Yes definitely. I try my best to use synonyms and change the sentence structure but essentially it's all the same!! Not been on for a few days and won't be back on til Monday as am at MIL's. Hope there's some work when I get back!
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,354
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Going to hit CW hard today, up early (for me :D) so I may as well use my time well!
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,354
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not off to a great start, got to write a fashion piece for a brand that doesn't seem to exist anywhere :S My googling skills are failing me!
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hi, i've just started on clickworker.

I've had a groupon one rejected, as it said i hadn't used the 'strongtags'

went back through instructions again and tried to correct but then it wouldn't save, so i must have been doing something wrong.

also, said not enough style/description etc, but i don't know what to say when all you're given is the town and a keyword.

can anyone give me any tips? thanks in advance.
  • rls1973 wrote: »
    hi, i've just started on clickworker.

I've had a groupon one rejected, as it said i hadn't used the 'strongtags'

went back through instructions again and tried to correct but then it wouldn't save, so i must have been doing something wrong.

also, said not enough style/description etc, but i don't know what to say when all you're given is the town and a keyword.

can anyone give me any tips? thanks in advance.

Not sure I can help with the rejected article - I just had one rejected, but it was because I enclosed the 2nd keywords in strong tags, rather than the 1st, so I rewrote a couple of sentences and it saved ok. Have you tried logging out and back in again, in case its just a blip? (I sometimes find they count my keywords wrong, which is weird. But I just hope that as long as everything is showing green, its ok to go ahead!).

With regard to writing articles with minimal information provided, I would say just use your imagination. I skip through any that I don't know anything about at all (I had one the other day for "product enhancements" I didn't even know what that meant!). I've had body piercing, tattoos, IT services, excursions and cleaning services so far. Only 1 of the city was one I had visited, but I really think that's irrelevant. Just use the knowledge you have of the category, and write it as if you were writing for any city.

Hope that helps?
  • katini
    katini Posts: 197
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    has anyone done the proofreader assessment on Clickworker? I've just done it but only got 90% so I am not sure if I am eligible for the proofreading work. Does anyone know what % you need to do that as 30c per article seems like good money in comparison with the 2.20 you get for actually writing them!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback