Address for Littlewoods complaints?

Comments

• Just thought I would share my problem!

22/09/12 Statement 116

Statement says 'Your payment free period with BNPL comes to an end on the 9/11/12. You have 2 options.'
    1) Do nothing and the remaining £13.13 will be added to your account plus the interest.
    2) Pay full cash price of £13.13 by 9/11/12 and avoid any interest.

26/11/12

Payment of £13.13 made on line

20/10/12 Statement 117

Statement acknowledges payment of £13.13, but then adds that there is an additional £24.86 added to my account leaving a balance of £11.73. On investigation BNPL interest has been added to items Z701216,
    Z79281C, Z856014 and Z885416 even though the full amount was paid before the deadline!

29/10/12

Made phone call to your help desk and was eventually told it was all cleared up and I owed no money specifically my balance was now 0.

12/11/12

Phoned up again to say that my online statement was still saying I owed £11.73. Again, eventually told it had all been resolved and I owed nothing.

17/11/12 Statement 118

Statement STILL says £11.73 owing.

5/12/12

E-mail sent to queries outlining my grievances.

6/12/12

E-mail received stating:- I have now cleared your bnpl October items and interest has been refunded ,sorry for any inconvenience caused.

15/12/12 Statement 119

Interest of £11.73 still owed plus, now, a late payment fee of £12 for a statement that should be clear?

20/12/12

E-mail sent to queries about the arrears and now the late payment.

20/12/12

E-mail received stating complaint would be dealt with within 3 days.

24/12/12

Same e-mail received stating complaint would be dealt with within 3 days???

5/01/13

12 days later and no response. No doubt when I send this I'll get an e-mail stating the matter will be dealt with within 3 days!!!!
    Email received saying my case would be reopened? Why was it closed as it wasn't resolved? A reply was promised within 24 hours.

7/01/13

Text received stating non payment of this months payment. The amount I owe is wrong because of this dispute.
    Email sent stating my displeasure as no reply in 24 hours.

9/01/13

Still no reply received, start contacting forums and consumer watchdog group and consumer action group!
  • Where to start.
    Ok, so Firstly I placed an order for some ‘Chest of Drawers’. I had received a 30 Pound off code if I spent over 60 pounds, so I did just that. The drawers wouldn’t be delivered until a months time as they were currently out of stock. I did not find this out until I called to speak to somebody to make sure the code was applied. So of course, I was bound to be a little annoyed. Anyway, I agreed to this and carried on as normal.

My next order was for two gifts for my pregnant friend who’s waters broke at 6 month and was told she was going to have her baby premature and there was a risk that the baby would be very poorly. So as a friend does, she orders two gifts of her choice for the baby, to cheer her up. The main present was for a hand and foot imprint kit which she was really looking forward to get. I track this online and it states ‘Parcel been delivered’. Hang on a minute. My mother has been in the house all week and not left once because she is currently sick. Nothing has been delivered and no card has been left. So I decided to call Littlewoods. After talking to an operator ‘No, Help me with something else, Advisor, Account number and finally date of birth’ only to get put on hold. Finally getting hold of somebody and he asks me for my account number. Why do we pay for the phone call to be asked twice for the account number and all the details. Anyway, he couldn’t understand me and I couldn’t understand him. I end up losing my temper and calling back again. The next person I can understand a little better. So advise him of the problem. They tell me they have logged the inquiry and it will take a few days before they will be able to issue a replacement etc. I asked for them to keep me updated with this situation. The weeks roll on and I hear nothing so I call back again. Only for somebody to tell me that they have interviewed the driver and he says that it was delivered to the correct address so there is nothing more that they can do. I wasn’t happy at all by this point because I knew that nothing had been delivered. I then mentioned proof of delivery so obviously they got scared because there was none and advised that they would put another search through for this.
    I few days pass and I hear nothing in response to that phone call or the emails I had sent. As a matter of fact I did get a response like three days after I sent an email. Aren't we supposed to get a response in 24 to 42 hours or something like that ‘if busy’. The response said basically they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would now put out a search for the missing item. Hold on a minute, my previous email stated that a search had already been put out ‘’twice’’..... so obviously it clearly wasn't read properly or the searches never happened previously.
    I rang one afternoon and asked right away to be put through to a manager. I was on hold for around half an hour before a manager would take my call. I spoke to him and asked him to kindly send me out a replacement f.o.c. on a next day delivery service and he told me he couldn't do so because he could not prove that the item had definitely not been delivered to me. Yes I completely understand that but why on earth would I be calling chasing an item I had already received when it was costing me 3 times the amount of the item on phone calls chasing it. It beats me.

Because I needed the item I had to re order it but it would be charged to my account. The manager, ‘ever so kindly’ did not charge me for the next day delivery service I asked him to put it on. I received this thank fully but unfortunately getting one item for the price of two.

Next, I order some trousers because I have a few job interviews coming up and thought it would be good to treat myself to a new pair of trousers. Because of past experience with littlewoods deliveries I decided to pay extra for a next day delivery service. Giving that I ordered them in the evening I thought well they won’t come tomorrow on a next day, it will be the day after. So I wait. And wait. Still nothing on the third day. It wasn't until the fourth working day that I received them. When I open them they were not only the most lame quality material for 25 pound and the cost of next day delivery but they were also like a size 6 on me and nothing like what was shown on the website.

Last but not least, definitely not least. I ordered some underwear and paid for premium delivery on this and even got to select the date for delivery. Oooooooo how excited.

Yup never was they delivered on the ‘requested’ date. A day late but still.

Overall experience was completely unacceptable. Huge credit allowance or not, it has cost me more than it’s worth in phone calls to complain or to chase every single order. My phone bill was an extra 40 pounds because Littlewoods did not get back to me once not even by email. And for them to tell me I need to chase my orders with the carrier which was not a free phone number. I refuse to use them again but I am afraid that not using them again will compensate me for all my loss in money trying to contact this company.

I paid on as weekly bases rather than monthly and paid a lot more than I had to. For example; my account was being charged 18.46 per month. I paid a total of 100, two days later I paid 30 and another 10 not long after. I am a very good payer and don’t owe them anything.

Maybe that is where I went wrong. Maybe it was because I wasn't paying interest as to why they were so God damn rude and disrespectful towards a ‘paying customer’.

Appalled
  • Not 100 percent sure what to say to this but we clearly need to get together and report to the same people to get this sorted. We need serious advise and we need other customers to speak up. Although there are a lot of complaints currently about littlewoods I feel that there are a lot more unspoken. ..

our experience is that the lid hinge on the laptop we bought from littlewoods broke (less than 12 months old) we called to claim on insurance to be told, not covered, only covered for parts not damage) and didnt kick in until we had had lap top for 1 year. in fact the customer services representative told us "not my problem".
    We asked if we could cancel insurance, explained that we cant use it as we cant insure a broken item - littlewoods response: you didnt cancel within 60 days you cant have your money back. eventually they agreed to refund 50% of the cost of the unusable insurance and if we could prove we hadnt damaged it would consider giving us the rest back. we were told a cheque would be issued. It was not - instead littlewoods allocated this money against the interest of a "pay nothing for 12 months" item (the broken laptop) - the interest that doesnt technically exist yet as its not 12 months since we bought it.
    The laptop was sent to HP who gave us back a report explicitly saying we had not damaged, dropped or bumped the laptop, that the hinges were faulty.
    We called littlewoods again, who said (eventually) that ok they would refund the rest of the insurance money. We asked about the laptop, asking if they could reduce the amount due as it was a manufacturers fault, littlewoods said someone would call us in the morning (a week ago - surprise surprise no call) so the situation is we were due £205 refund from littlewoods, we owed £499 on a lap top - sensible thinking would say - so there is £294 to pay - not with littlewoods logic, they have put £205 against the interest due should we go over the 12 month interest free period. In order to get this refund therefore we have to pay £499 off the laptop, then AFTER next invoice we can apply to have the money refunded. Anyone understand this logic? tried explaining that this money is due to me - as a refund, that i owe them £499, they owe me £205 the difference is £294 - impossible to get them to understand this, any ideas on where we go from here? They have consistently lied and have explicitly stated "not my problem".
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Hi All,

We've been reading through your posts and we are sorry to hear of some of the issues you have been experiencing.

If you can email us at Help@Littlewoods.co.uk and we would be happy to look into your queries and will do what we can to help.

Many Thanks

Lizzie
    Littlewoods Company Representative.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • robotsister
    robotsister Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 6 February 2013 at 12:07AM
    Hi All,

We've been reading through your posts and we are sorry to hear of some of the issues you have been experiencing.

If you can email us at Help@Littlewoods.co.uk and we would be happy to look into your queries and will do what we can to help.

Many Thanks

Lizzie
    Littlewoods Company Representative.

well lizzie thats all very well - but as your departments response to our problem (the laptop one) was to ignore all our questions regarding your statutory obligations and instead send us two emails that threatened that unless we paid the full balance of the laptop that day you would charge us £532 in interest. therefore we have had to pay 499 for a broken item to get our refund money back and avoid your threatened action. Really caring helpful response? don't think so. You are a shoddy company, who are rude to customers, blatantly ignore your legal obligations and hold customers such as myself to ransom. we now have our refund but it took 30 days to get it. Further we had to pay for a broken item We have spent over 20 hours of telephone calls to your "customer service" department, sent several emails to the address you have given and made many many requests for a manager to call before we got our money back. We also requested people to listen to the calls because of the lies we were being told - never happened. we asked for transcripts of the calls - never happened, we asked for you to address why you felt you could avoid your statutory obligations under the sale of goods act - never happened. so really - what is the point of those other people with problems with your company contacting your department if you refuse to address direct and clear questions?
  • strange how once littlewoods are asked to answer why their department is so evasive, threatening and unhelpful they stop posting trite little "contact us" messages isnt it
  • been a customer of littlewoods for over 20 years , untill about 6 years ago they were great , never had any problems . Then we ordered a new sofa , on delivery day we had thrown the old one away and waited all day , at tea time we rang only to be told the delivery had been changed , " well thanks for letting us know " . With nothing to sit on we waited about 6 weeks , more failed delivery dates and then it arrived , it was in 2 parts and yes you've guessed it , they were 2 different colours . They sat in our living room for weeks before 2 very rude men came and hurled them down our front steps with no respect for our property. We didn't order again until about 2 years ago after constant messages from them saying "we know you are unhappy with our past performance but try us again and you wont be disappointed " . WRONG !!!. A parcel containing an ipod and an mp3 player for xmas ripped open and looted but parcels with cheaper items left untouched , a laptop stolen en route to us, staff at the depot when we rang told us it must have been taken by an employee , discount not applied , emails ignored , buy now pay later item applied to account including £62 in interest , 6 months too soon and when you complain you are ignored /insulted , if you ask to speak to a supervisor to take it further you are spoken to like dirt . AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    mel1966 wrote: »
    been a customer of littlewoods for over 20 years , untill about 6 years ago they were great , never had any problems . Then we ordered a new sofa , on delivery day we had thrown the old one away and waited all day , at tea time we rang only to be told the delivery had been changed , " well thanks for letting us know " . With nothing to sit on we waited about 6 weeks , more failed delivery dates and then it arrived , it was in 2 parts and yes you've guessed it , they were 2 different colours . They sat in our living room for weeks before 2 very rude men came and hurled them down our front steps with no respect for our property. We didn't order again until about 2 years ago after constant messages from them saying "we know you are unhappy with our past performance but try us again and you wont be disappointed " . WRONG !!!. A parcel containing an ipod and an mp3 player for xmas ripped open and looted but parcels with cheaper items left untouched , a laptop stolen en route to us, staff at the depot when we rang told us it must have been taken by an employee , discount not applied , emails ignored , buy now pay later item applied to account including £62 in interest , 6 months too soon and when you complain you are ignored /insulted , if you ask to speak to a supervisor to take it further you are spoken to like dirt . AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

Hi Mel1966,
    We are extremely sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us. If you do require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@Littlewoods.co.uk.
    Again, please accept our apologies.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Becc wrote: »
    Where to start.
    Ok, so Firstly I placed an order for some ‘Chest of Drawers’. I had received a 30 Pound off code if I spent over 60 pounds, so I did just that. The drawers wouldn’t be delivered until a months time as they were currently out of stock. I did not find this out until I called to speak to somebody to make sure the code was applied. So of course, I was bound to be a little annoyed. Anyway, I agreed to this and carried on as normal.

My next order was for two gifts for my pregnant friend who’s waters broke at 6 month and was told she was going to have her baby premature and there was a risk that the baby would be very poorly. So as a friend does, she orders two gifts of her choice for the baby, to cheer her up. The main present was for a hand and foot imprint kit which she was really looking forward to get. I track this online and it states ‘Parcel been delivered’. Hang on a minute. My mother has been in the house all week and not left once because she is currently sick. Nothing has been delivered and no card has been left. So I decided to call Littlewoods. After talking to an operator ‘No, Help me with something else, Advisor, Account number and finally date of birth’ only to get put on hold. Finally getting hold of somebody and he asks me for my account number. Why do we pay for the phone call to be asked twice for the account number and all the details. Anyway, he couldn’t understand me and I couldn’t understand him. I end up losing my temper and calling back again. The next person I can understand a little better. So advise him of the problem. They tell me they have logged the inquiry and it will take a few days before they will be able to issue a replacement etc. I asked for them to keep me updated with this situation. The weeks roll on and I hear nothing so I call back again. Only for somebody to tell me that they have interviewed the driver and he says that it was delivered to the correct address so there is nothing more that they can do. I wasn’t happy at all by this point because I knew that nothing had been delivered. I then mentioned proof of delivery so obviously they got scared because there was none and advised that they would put another search through for this.
    I few days pass and I hear nothing in response to that phone call or the emails I had sent. As a matter of fact I did get a response like three days after I sent an email. Aren't we supposed to get a response in 24 to 42 hours or something like that ‘if busy’. The response said basically they were sorry for the inconvenience and they would now put out a search for the missing item. Hold on a minute, my previous email stated that a search had already been put out ‘’twice’’..... so obviously it clearly wasn't read properly or the searches never happened previously.
    I rang one afternoon and asked right away to be put through to a manager. I was on hold for around half an hour before a manager would take my call. I spoke to him and asked him to kindly send me out a replacement f.o.c. on a next day delivery service and he told me he couldn't do so because he could not prove that the item had definitely not been delivered to me. Yes I completely understand that but why on earth would I be calling chasing an item I had already received when it was costing me 3 times the amount of the item on phone calls chasing it. It beats me.

Because I needed the item I had to re order it but it would be charged to my account. The manager, ‘ever so kindly’ did not charge me for the next day delivery service I asked him to put it on. I received this thank fully but unfortunately getting one item for the price of two.

Next, I order some trousers because I have a few job interviews coming up and thought it would be good to treat myself to a new pair of trousers. Because of past experience with littlewoods deliveries I decided to pay extra for a next day delivery service. Giving that I ordered them in the evening I thought well they won’t come tomorrow on a next day, it will be the day after. So I wait. And wait. Still nothing on the third day. It wasn't until the fourth working day that I received them. When I open them they were not only the most lame quality material for 25 pound and the cost of next day delivery but they were also like a size 6 on me and nothing like what was shown on the website.

Last but not least, definitely not least. I ordered some underwear and paid for premium delivery on this and even got to select the date for delivery. Oooooooo how excited.

Yup never was they delivered on the ‘requested’ date. A day late but still.

Overall experience was completely unacceptable. Huge credit allowance or not, it has cost me more than it’s worth in phone calls to complain or to chase every single order. My phone bill was an extra 40 pounds because Littlewoods did not get back to me once not even by email. And for them to tell me I need to chase my orders with the carrier which was not a free phone number. I refuse to use them again but I am afraid that not using them again will compensate me for all my loss in money trying to contact this company.

I paid on as weekly bases rather than monthly and paid a lot more than I had to. For example; my account was being charged 18.46 per month. I paid a total of 100, two days later I paid 30 and another 10 not long after. I am a very good payer and don’t owe them anything.

Maybe that is where I went wrong. Maybe it was because I wasn't paying interest as to why they were so God damn rude and disrespectful towards a ‘paying customer’.

Appalled

After your experience with the baby item, why on earth would you keep ordering from them? I give a shop/retailer/supplier one chance - if they mess up then there are many others looking for my business.
  • Hi Mel1966,
    We are extremely sorry to hear about the experience you have had with us. If you do require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@Littlewoods.co.uk.
    Again, please accept our apologies.

its really not worth contacting them mel, read through the posts here and i can tell you from personal experience - they do not care and will not assist - just fob you off and make threats.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure