Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Comments

• flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Sounded out my OH. Nearest we live by is Warwick Castle - which isn't suitable for my 2 under 6s.

OH, quite rightly, points out that if I had this pass I'd drive round the country lots to get my money's worth, which would mean more spent on petrol and eating out. He knows me well!

So not MSE at all!!!! :rotfl:

warwick castle is great for children under 6. the reneactments, really keep them enthralled

But, other than legoland, alton towers and sealife, the merlin pass isnt great for small children

so, no it might not be worth it, unless you live near to the attractions

F
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    flea72 wrote: »
    warwick castle is great for children under 6. the reneactments, really keep them enthralled

Would have to disagree - it's unsuitable for my 2.

I took them last year during one of the summer holiday days.

The only thing they enjoyed was the birds of prey. Got bored in the re-enactments, couldn't cope with the stairs on the battlements, got freaked out by the waxworks and strangers in costume talking to them and scared silly by the dark rooms.

Won't be going back until they're 7 I think!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • gghh
    gghh Posts: 347 Forumite
    gghh wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a date by which you have to go and pick up your pass when you've bought it online like this? Thanks

Sorry to go on, but... anyone??
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My 4 year old loves warwick castle but we only go once a year so it stays 'special'. It's a bit of a drive. Our nearest is Alton Towers which we visit regularly, so for us the pass is worth it.

The park's good at warwick, and this year our group spent more than an hour playing the rat-throwing game. It was just a hoop on a pole, and lots of toy rats to chuck. They also shot a fireball out of the trebuchet which was VERY exciting for a 4 year old boy.

I want to go back and have been dropping large hints about this weekend but they are falling on deaf ears. It's too long a drive though, especially when it's too cold to spend more than an hour or so there.

Is alton towers too far for you to go?

Every 2 years or so we get a cheap travelodge room in/near london and go to some of the other merlin attractions but most years alton towers is the only place we use the pass - still, it's a nice place for a picnic :)
    52% tight
  • Ilovemykids
    Ilovemykids Posts: 2,237 Forumite

Hi gghh.

I tried to find out the answer to this for you with no luck,sorry!
    but this 'reply' will 'bump' it again for you. :D

hopefully somebody who has ordered will answer you soon.

not sure if I'm going to purchase any or not I need to have a look at how many tesco points I have and the chances of bumping them up enough to get merlin passes using those!
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    phague wrote: »
    Hello,

What is the new Lego place, please?

http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/news/view/?ID=6274 has details.

i hope the merlin passes allow access to here!! :T
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite

Depends on if you picked gift vouchers or passes ?? The gift vouchers are being sent out free of charge & the annual pass collection date should be on your confirmation email.
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • Destroyer
    http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/news/view/?ID=6274 has details.

i hope the merlin passes allow access to here!! :T
    I am 99.9% certain the new Legoland Discovery Centre in Manchesters Trafford centre is included in the new 'Standard & Premium' Merlin annual pass. The logo has been added to the new card so i assume that signifies entry.
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    brilliant! i have a 7 yr old who is a massive lego fan and after going to windsor 5 times in 2008 it would be nice to have something closer!
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • Destroyer
    visit www.legolanddiscoverycentre.com/manchester for an update once nearer completion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport