Good Price For Combi Boiler Fitted?

2»

Comments

• ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    dont laugh too much, that the cheapest BG quote ive heard of for a very long time.
    lady friend of ours had a BG quote of 3k some 6 yrs ago.

ive heard of quotes of 5k and more! in the past few years.
    Get some gorm.
  • Hi all

I've had 5 quotes now and British Gas was the highest, although all the other companies commented it was very low.. For British gas!!

I'm going with a company called heatingcare.co.uk, local and smallish firm, no sales advisor, which I appreciated after having had difficulty getting rid of 4 from the house after various 1 - 1.5 hour long presentations and sales pitch, one even brought a flip chart to inform me of the company history, I felt like I'd applied for a job there!

1450.00 for worcester greenstar 28i, flushing and cleaning of all rads, attention to all safety regs, thermostat etc, like for like job as British Gas quote.
    Date of work to be arranged. I'm so glad I asked the question and got more quotes.
    Thanks again to all who've posted.
  • Kevstir
    Kevstir Posts: 125 Forumite
    Man im so jealous.

we are trying to get a good quote for that exact same boiler, only we want it moved 2ft from where it is at the moment, best quote so far is £2200 then £2230 they had the cheek to not include a power flush and want more on top of the £2230, next best was £2450 after that it was £2500 , British Gas wanted £4127 but they gave a discount which brought it down to £3577.

if anyone know a good installer in the Fakirk area of Scotland pass on the details

Kev
  • Good morning: I would avoid the WB 28i Junior (their entry level boiler range) and plump for the WB 27CDI or 30CDI (better , higher spec.products)...give them a ring and ask what the price would be then. If their quote specification is like for like with BG's then you've got yourself a good price. You can check boiler prices (excluding VAT) for yourself here http://www.energy-smart.org.uk/boiler_prices.aspx

HTH

Canucklehead
    i_love_it wrote: »
    Hi all

I've had 5 quotes now and British Gas was the highest, although all the other companies commented it was very low.. For British gas!!

I'm going with a company called heatingcare.co.uk, local and smallish firm, no sales advisor, which I appreciated after having had difficulty getting rid of 4 from the house after various 1 - 1.5 hour long presentations and sales pitch, one even brought a flip chart to inform me of the company history, I felt like I'd applied for a job there!

1450.00 for worcester greenstar 28i, flushing and cleaning of all rads, attention to all safety regs, thermostat etc, like for like job as British Gas quote.
    Date of work to be arranged. I'm so glad I asked the question and got more quotes.
    Thanks again to all who've posted.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • I wouldn't neccessarily go for the cheapest. When I had my central heating installed in August, i had 3 quotes, but I later found out that the cheapest would have been a radiator "heat pack" that wouldn't have put out enough heat to warm my house. Check how many BTUs the radiators will have, ensure that everything will be NEW
  • When my boiler went wrong i bought a combi off ebay never been fitted and still boxed and paid the local service agent to fit it it cost me £450 inc fitting and its still working 2 years later
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    OP: a PM has been sent to you.

just talked to the lady (in Bowdon) concerned, the man fitted a new combi for 1500 and he also did some extra work for another 300 quid.
    Get some gorm.
  • sammcg
    sammcg Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    my quote.

one vokera boiler .. which cost £900..!!

to remove old back boiler from living room and tie up all the connections etc.. then put new combi boiler in upstaris upcupboard, remove heating tap (big huge yellow thing) and put flu up loft etc and out window.

£600 to fit the boiler

£200 for flues/beads/extensions?

anyone quote on this?
  • EliteHeat
    EliteHeat Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    sammcg wrote: »
    my quote.

one vokera boiler .. which cost £900..!!

to remove old back boiler from living room and tie up all the connections etc.. then put new combi boiler in upstaris upcupboard, remove heating tap (big huge yellow thing) and put flu up loft etc and out window.

£600 to fit the boiler

£200 for flues/beads/extensions?

anyone quote on this?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand any of this post, especially the bit about a £900 vokera.

What are you asking / saying?
  • sancho
    sancho Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would be interested too as we will have a back boiler in our new place, will be looking to change it eventually.

Does the warm front grant cover things like this?
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport