Need not Want.

Comments

• FireWyrm wrote: »
    Does a new Filofax for organisational purposes count as need or want?
    I was given a spare diary by a charity, if you message me your address I will send it to you free of charge.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • Loving this thread, I've subscribed.
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    well went to town yesterday and u guessed it the clarks boots i liked r still in the shop lol.50 pound still in bank .i have done the birthday shop for the year from boots and got dd a present sp 9x mens presents 4x girls and dd x3 83 pound with 11 put on my boots advantage card so 72 spent average 3.80 pounds i'm a happy bunny.
    however today will be spent emptying cupboard under the stairs and freecycling some of daughters toys .
    So finally debt free and it feels amazing however continuing here to stay debt free.Next declutter house and body and finally swim under that waterfall x
  • I'm not doing well with my needs / wants this year :o

I now want a laminator so I can seal the finished pages in my new household management journal :o

They're actually a lot cheaper than I thought they would be (found one for £14) .... think the mattress fund may be on hold for a few weeks & the £1 coins might be getting put towards a laminator instead!:o
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • I wanted a laminator too, then one of the other secretaries in the neighbouring department brought one on their budget, I brought my own pockets cheaply and now use it. Do you know anyone who has one you could use. Also if you go to staples and Ryman they will do this for you for a small fee.

I remember I needed a film of A4 plastic for a knitting project, it was £9.99 for a whole pack and they sold one from the business centre for 10p in Staples.

Worth checking out.
  • Funny I wanted a meal planner wipe board for our kitchen. I found this template online. I'm going to print it on A3 and laminate it. Cheaper than purchasing one from the shops

http://www.freeiworktemplates.com/downloadit.php?file=http://www.freeiworktemplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/weekly_menu_planner_ios.numbers&id=21&v=io
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Laminator - Have you tried the supermarkets? I got mine from Asda but Tesco sell them too. I think I paid £12.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Have you guys seen these free printouts for household management? http://pinterest.com/amyweimann/home-management-binder/
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    I admire your organisation skills, I will stick to backs of envelopes!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 365days wrote: »
    Laminator - Have you tried the supermarkets? I got mine from Asda but Tesco sell them too. I think I paid £12.

I looked in T the other day but they didn't have any (did have the pouches) but it's quite a small store .... same with the A - might have to wait until I go to town!
    Have you guys seen these free printouts for household management? http://pinterest.com/amyweimann/home-management-binder/

*sigh* - yup .... I've spent a lot of time on there the past few days :o
    365days wrote: »
    I admire your organisation skills, I will stick to backs of envelopes!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure