IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC SCS Law Court Help!!!

Options
Alex.o.2017
Alex.o.2017 Posts: 26 Forumite
Hello all!

Recently I was visiting friends and stayed in the local "private residential parking" and on several occasions failed to display a visitor pass...

The friend has since moved and we have lost contact which is just my luck!

I racked up a few tickets and assumed the old fashioned advice of just ignore and I did such with the bombardment of letters for them, I have now received a letter from SCS Law saying they are planning legal action...

Scared is an understatement... Can I Base my case on poor signage or that I was not in the wrong but I don't have a copy of the permit as it was always returned to the friend...

I know it's not a good situation and I am sorry if it's a "serves me right type deal" but I could really use your expert help :(:(:(

I responded to the letter using a template from the forums requesting their contract with the land owner and other details and am awaiting their response

Thank-you all for your incredible service on these forums! :beer:

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2017 at 11:08AM
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    Thank you so much for putting me at ease! I clicked the thank you button :) I will post in their response to my letter when I get one and keep you all posted. I will gather some pictures or signage also :)
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    What stage was the letter from SCS law, is it just threats or a proper Letter Before Claim / Action?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You have presumably read other SCS Law or UKPC cases on here by now and found out UKPC are the subject of a winding up petition from HMRC and this can be added to a defence. You need to read lots of UKPC defences from 2016/2017 on the forum, and copy from them. Search the forum.

Lots of similar cases have been successfully defended. You will ideally need a copy of the friend's old tenancy agreement, hopefully they had an online version emailed to them ages ago that they kept?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Might be worth contacting the planning dept. of the Local Authority in which the car park is situated to report a breach of the ' The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007'.

To breach this is a criminal offence, so worth reporting it as it could well be another nail in the PPC's coffin.

And, assuming that UKPC survive long enough to actually start Court action, can make a good and valid defence point to boot.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Alex.o.2017
    Options
    safarmuk wrote: »
    What stage was the letter from SCS law, is it just threats or a proper Letter Before Claim / Action?

The letter stated to be a "letter before claim" looking for £1000 odd... I will get up photos of signage and their letters tomorrow afternoon for you to read. Your all amazing and thanks buttons to all!!!:beer::beer:
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You have presumably read other SCS Law or UKPC cases on here by now and found out UKPC are the subject of a winding up petition from HMRC and this can be added to a defence. You need to read lots of UKPC defences from 2016/2017 on the forum, and copy from them. Search the forum.

Lots of similar cases have been successfully defended. You will ideally need a copy of the friend's old tenancy agreement, hopefully they had an online version emailed to them ages ago that they kept?

Very sound advice from you as always! I am in safe hands here with the professionals :p

I have lost contact with the friend so much would doubt this would be possible... I stupidly just ignored the tickets for months and did nothing and am now here I know it's moronic!

I will have another good reading session on the defences and I have read the stickies and newbie thread if only I saw that 4 months ago!
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    I am removing number plates and the like from my pictures of the car park and will post tonight :)
  • Alex.o.2017
    Options
    Silly question.. How does one post photos?
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    Upload your pictures, documents etc. to a hosting side (e.g. tinypic) and then post a broken link here. By broken I mean change http to hxxp or similar as that will then allow you to post. Once that is done someone with a higher post count will then make the link live for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure