9 flights .co.uk

Comments

• you guys make me laugh , the best think is ask all questions which you required after you can release how genuine they are or stick with one company im happy to pay 1p extra for my satisfaction by the way im using this guy more the three years you better check this one .
    ( cheapflightfares dot co dot uk )

cheapflightfares.co.uk
  • I've had a pretty awful time with them, as the fact I registered to write something about them may suggest. Confirmation emails came through fine, but one of the flights I booked was changed by the airline. Not 9flights fault of course, but it didn't leave me enough time for the changeover in Shanghai so I phoned them to see if this could be rearranged. Was first of all told to call back this next day as that department was not available today, contrary to what is stated in the email. Called back the next day and was told to call back in ten minutes. When I asked why it couldn't be dealt with now they muttered something and hung up. Called back 15 or so minutes later and was told to call back in an hour. This time explained that whole team was in a meeting and promised to call me back in a hour. Two hours later I had no callback so gave them another ring and was immediatly told to callback the next day. I explained I couldn't do this as flight I was calling about left the next day, to which the person on the other end of the phone replied "does it?" and walked off somewhere for a few minutes without giving me any idea what was happening. After he came back he was immensley rude and basically lambasted me for having the gall to call him up. 40 minutes, he said, was plenty of time to changeover. I told him the airline had told me it was not. He told me I should not have contacted the airline as they lie about these things and now I had contacted the airline he couldn't do anything, so he told me I now had to talk to the airline. When I pointed out this made absolutley no sense-if I had talked to 9flights first they would have rearranged the flight but since I asked about check times with China Eastern they were powerless?- he told me he didn't have the time to argue with me and hung up.

Now I understand anyone is more likley to post a negative review than a positive one and if my flight hadn't been changed presumably all would have been fine. Having worked in call centres I also appreciate you can be unlucky and get one god awful person on the phone without it being a bad company, but considering how repeatedly awful the service I got was I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone. They have no interest whatsoever in helping you if there is any problem with the booking. They weren't even much cheaper than the other options on for flights but I would definatley pay extra to deal with a more repeutable company.
  • Hi,

Following the collapse of Malev Airines, I needed to book some new flights to Ukraine for Euro 2012. I used SkyScanner to find the cheapest flights and after reviewing the details, 9Flights offered the best price. My friend had also made a booking via 9Flights and was happy with the service; however, I still paid by Credit Card and incurred the fee for that extra bit of protection.

I received a confirmation email immediately confirming that they had received my details and 9Flights would send a 2nd email to confirm the booking within 24-hours. This was Friday. By Monday, I had not received the 2nd email confirming my booking and, after the Malev situation, I naturally became worried. I tried to call 9Flights, on both numbers, but the lines seemed to be dead (no tone, just silent). I then searched for reviews of 9Flights and came over this site. The 3-pages worth of comments were not reassuring.

I tried to call again in the afternoon and thankfully got through; I explained that I was waiting for the flight confirmation. The lady explained that she would investigate the matter and would call me back; I left her my work number to ensure that I’d be available. By time I had left work for home I had not received a call.

Next day, I called again and went through to a different representative. I provided my reference and explained that I still required the confirmation; I was told that I would receive a call-back, once they had looked into it. I received no call-back.

I called today and got through to a male representative. After going through the same details for a third time, I was told that I would receive an email – after a couple of minutes, I did received the flight confirmation and eTickets. I’ve since checked these on the Airlines own website and my booking had been confirmed.

Overall, as stated by a previous poster, if you’re willing to stay on top of 9Flights (and also have the time to), you’ll end up with your tickets and save a few quid. However, the service is not the best, so be prepared. Hope this helps.

Miles
  • hearts
    hearts Posts: 1,191 Forumite
    Hi,

Following the collapse of Malev Airines, I needed to book some new flights to Ukraine for Euro 2012. I used SkyScanner to find the cheapest flights and after reviewing the details, 9Flights offered the best price. My friend had also made a booking via 9Flights and was happy with the service; however, I still paid by Credit Card and incurred the fee for that extra bit of protection.

I received a confirmation email immediately confirming that they had received my details and 9Flights would send a 2nd email to confirm the booking within 24-hours. This was Friday. By Monday, I had not received the 2nd email confirming my booking and, after the Malev situation, I naturally became worried. I tried to call 9Flights, on both numbers, but the lines seemed to be dead (no tone, just silent). I then searched for reviews of 9Flights and came over this site. The 3-pages worth of comments were not reassuring.

I tried to call again in the afternoon and thankfully got through; I explained that I was waiting for the flight confirmation. The lady explained that she would investigate the matter and would call me back; I left her my work number to ensure that I’d be available. By time I had left work for home I had not received a call.

Next day, I called again and went through to a different representative. I provided my reference and explained that I still required the confirmation; I was told that I would receive a call-back, once they had looked into it. I received no call-back.

I called today and got through to a male representative. After going through the same details for a third time, I was told that I would receive an email – after a couple of minutes, I did received the flight confirmation and eTickets. I’ve since checked these on the Airlines own website and my booking had been confirmed.

Overall, as stated by a previous poster, if you’re willing to stay on top of 9Flights (and also have the time to), you’ll end up with your tickets and save a few quid. However, the service is not the best, so be prepared. Hope this helps.

Miles

I was going to use them for my Euro flights to Kiev but decided against it. The flights from Birmingham arrived in Paris less than an hour ( I think it was 40 mins) before the Kiev flight took off. Any delay and we would have been goosed.
    In the end I booke my flights thru EBooker then read some horror stories about them (sigh) so contacted the Airline direct and was assured my flights are booked.
    Cost me double what I was offered by 9Flights but piece of mind
    worth the extra.
    Now flying Edinburgh London then London Kiev. Arrive on the 23rd for QF on 24th.
  • 9flights.co.uk

- "Best service and value"

9flights.co.uk Travel is the best website among all the others i used because i feel that 9flights have variety with respect to place and airline and which is the most important thing for a travel agent. I always book with 9flights and always had great experience.

I strongly recommend 9flights.co.uk for travel bookings
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    I wonder where kishore2211 works?
  • Where do I start?

9Flights is rubbish:

1. They cancelled my flights 3 times.

2. They said my flight was booked and I would recieve a eticket in 24 hours. 4 days later still not recieved.

3. I managed to cancel the flight without them even asking for my name?!?!? (Suspect?)

4. 20 minutes on hold

5. The phone was put down on me

I havent actually heard back yet to see whether my flight has been cancelled. So will let you know if the flight has been charged without my permission x
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I just made some bookings via 9flights.co.uk

Here's what happened:

1. They advertised the flights at £467 each
    2. I booked two flights at this price. The website timed out when I tried to pay, so I had to go through it again, but the second time the payment went through (apparently) and I got the "first email".
    3. I did not receive the second email within 24 hours.
    4. I phoned up and was told that they would be dealing with the reservation that day and I would get my confirmation email soon.
    5. I received an email to say that my bank had rejected the payment with a link to the website to 'try again'
    6. I phoned my bank which told me that they hadn't rejected any payments. No attempt to take the money had been made
    7. I followed to the link in the email and put the payment through again. This was apparently successful.
    8. I phoned 9flights to confirm and was told that the price had gone up and I would need to pay an additional £17 per passenger.
    9. After a short argument I agreed to pay the additional amount and the 'second email' with the etickets arrived the next day.

So... I *did* get the tickets for a reasonably good price, BUT I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I strongly suspect that because they don't process the payments immediately, when you make a booking there is the risk that by the time they get around to completing it, the reservation they have placed with the airline has expired, and they can't get the tickets for the price they quoted. When this happens, they simply claim that your bank 'rejected the payment', ask you to try again, and then tell you you're too late and you'll need to pay more. When I challenged them on this, telling them that my bank never rejected any payments, the guy said "The bank won't know about it because it gets rejected before they know about it". Which tells me precisely that my bank did NOT reject the payment.

Since I received the 'second email' I have phoned the airline who have confirmed that all is well, and I don't feel like I've been scammed - but they do seem happy to mask their inefficiencies by lying rather than coming clean.
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    Hi,
    I thought I would share this great review with all of you.
    I’m highlighting this review because I think it is a great example of the qualities that make up a good Travel Agent.
    We ( my Family) had our vacation in Spain last month. I booked my tickets with 9flights.co.uk people. They provided total holiday package for us and it is in our budget. They arranged a guide for us who administered us. I had a complete cheapest money saving holiday package.
    Hence i recommend you to book your flights with 9flights people and make your vacation delightful.

You could use 9flights.co.uk to book your tickets. they also have instant chat facility to book feasible package or air tickets.
    Hi,
    I am glad to thank the 9flights people for giving me an unforgettable vacation experience. I recommend 9flights to all. They are reliable and specially customer friendly. I had to reach Sydney to watch CB series third final. You guys assisted me to book my last minute flight from London. Many thanks.
    Very good service providers 9flights.co.uk
    Thanks,
    Kelly Edwards.

You are the same person. You probably work for 9flights. You have just embarrassed 9flights and made people even less likely to use your travel agency. Good work.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    seeing all these new people (or is it one person 6 times) that register just to be able to post their single post with a recommendation for this company would certainly make me not book with this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure