Wedding List Travel Vouchers

Hi everyone!

Me and my better half are due to get married later this year and we would love to set up an account for people to donate towards travel vouchers as opposed to asking for cash or gifts which we don't really need. Obviously we would be grateful for anything, and one doesn't like to ask, but we thought we should set something up at least, but unsure where to start! We don't normally do package holidays, just book flights and accommodation separately but would be very happy to do whatever is the best way to organise it.

Any info from anyone who has done similar would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have friends who went with Kuoni who provided a service like this. The best advice I can give is to pick your honeymoon package provider first and be prepared to pay the full amount if nobody gives anything or you don't get as much as you might think. Otherwise you might end up with £50 of Thomas Cook vouchers which don't get you anywhere.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,841 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A friends daughter organised their independent honeymoon travelling around Japan. They were going anyway.

She then broke down each element into a list, a meal at a restaurant, a boat trip, a sightseeing bus ride, a hotel night etc with a cost and a date. There were multiple items at Avery carried cost. She set up a website with pictures, costs etc.

Grifters could choose the which item they would like to give. The lovely things was that the couple who are keen photographers sent individual thank you cards after the honeymoon which included pictures of them with what you have given eg at the hotel, eating the meal etc.

I think it was a lot of work for them but they are a lovely quirky couple and even though I really hate wedding lists it really worked.

They were of course going anyway.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    ognum wrote: »
    A friends daughter organised their independent honeymoon travelling around Japan. They were going anyway.

She then broke down each element into a list, a meal at a restaurant, a boat trip, a sightseeing bus ride, a hotel night etc with a cost and a date. There were multiple items at Avery carried cost. She set up a website with pictures, costs etc.

Grifters could choose the which item they would like to give. The lovely things was that the couple who are keen photographers sent individual thank you cards after the honeymoon which included pictures of them with what you have given eg at the hotel, eating the meal etc.

I think it was a lot of work for them but they are a lovely quirky couple and even though I really hate wedding lists it really worked.

They were of course going anyway.
    I don't really like being asked for money as a wedding gift either but this idea is fab! :T

I'd have a lot of fun and pleasure choosing a gift from a list like this.

And what a lovely way to thank people too.
  • ognum
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I don't really like being asked for money as a wedding gift either but this idea is fab! :T

I'd have a lot of fun and pleasure choosing a gift from a list like this.

And what a lovely way to thank people too.

Yes I thought it was lovely and in had things from a few pounds to a hundred.

it was fun talking about it afterwards too as you felt part of it.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    ognum wrote: »
    Yes I thought it was lovely and in had things from a few pounds to a hundred.

it was fun talking about it afterwards too as you felt part of it.
    Hope you don't mind but I've quoted your post on a thread about money wedding gifts on the Weddings and Anniversaries board.
  • ognum
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind but I've quoted your post on a thread about money wedding gifts on the Weddings and Anniversaries board.

That's fine, hope it helps someone.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've sent a gift via Trailfinders on two occasions.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure