PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Strip the bedding and get it washed [/STRIKE]Running very low on washing powder so will do this when I've restocked. But re-made the bed and spritzed with linen spray
    30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!!
    Who's up for a half hour blitz from 5pm?
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One 100% done at stupid o'clock
    Level Two 100% done
    [STRIKE]Vacuum the stairs[/STRIKE] done Wed pm
    Level Three
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs - going to change this lightly sand and wipe the paintwork THIS WEEK ready for painting

Extras

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One
    and mop/[STRIKE]vacuum the floors[/STRIKE] done at 7am Wed - neighbours should be up and awake now!
    Level Two 100% done
    Level Three 100% done
    Extras 100% done

Extra Extras

WM x 6 TD x 4, DW x 3
    hospital trip to get replacement *ahem* blood monitor
    declutter and cleaned - pots and pans cupboard
    declutter and cleaned - roasting/cake tins and casserole dish cupboard
    declutter and cleaned - spice drawer
    declutter and cleaned - oriental cupboard (sweet & sour, soy sauce, garlic, ginger etc! all sticky jars thoroughly wiped before going back :) )
    microwave turntables decluttered to shed for emergencies
    junked saucepans in boot of car for dump run (turned up again forgetting it is shut tues & wed!)
    a quick skype with DD1 at Uni

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    Level One 100% done
    [STRIKE]Strip the bedding and get it washed - just waiting for DS to wake up as he hoisted himself in my bed at about 2am[/STRIKE] mattress hoovered, bedding washed, dried and put back on - DD3 joined in tag- team wrestling match with me to get Duvet back in cover

Level Two
    [STRIKE]vacuum the landing and floor[/STRIKE]
    Clear and dust one flat surface
    Clean the windows
    Level Three
    HHI

Extras
    Sort out any extra bedding you will need for overnight guests. Check you have spare tights for any parties.
    Does your 'special occasion' watch need a new battery?
    Clean any jewellery to make it sparkle

Extra Extras
    [STRIKE]cleaned out medicine cupboard in kitchen[/STRIKE] -
    Wiped snow off window sills at back of house with soft bristled brush and most of the green mould came off at the same time, so I quick wipe with a damp cloth with diluted bleach should kill the last of the spores.;)

DS has been asleep for 30 minutes, so I am going to finish my cuppa and get my head down for a bit, and try again in a little while:o
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Who's up for a half hour blitz from 5pm?

I'm up for a hh "collect the kiddies, empty their bags, get them drinks and snacks and put the coats and shoes away" :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'll join you at 5.00 pm, Mine All Mine. I'm just having a little break and then I need to start finishing all the little jobs I've started over the past three days. It might take some time.
    Better is good enough.
  • Who's up for a half hour blitz from 5pm?

I'm in for a half hour iron and put all the stuff away whilst cooking the tea!!

DD2 was called into school at very short notice to work as an MSA today - she was BRILLIANT!:D:D

Best of all she thoroughly enjoyed it!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • mineallmine
    Fab! I'm gathering my weapons of mass tidying.

Black bag. Recycling bag. Charity bag. Bags to sort the washing into.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    lurking today but have achieved a bit
    ive made paper lists so i can cross off on those

happy birthday mr LW
    hope all are will safe and managing to stay warm
    going to watch a christmas film tonight so hoping to get a few more cards written out
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2012 at 6:58PM
    Fab! I'm gathering my weapons of mass tidying.

Black bag. Recycling bag. Charity bag. Bags to sort the washing into.

Bag lady? :rotfl:

So tots are home, toast and juice on tray, wooden train track built, new fairy lights tested, fire on brrr DS says he wants a cuddle as he is cold but he feels hot to me :eek: uh-oh now they have polar express on (again) and sitting quietly on sofa with supper.

Will go get their pjs. CBA making myself some tea so just had a scone. Oops. My last weigh-in of the year on Monday, and I want to see if I can get to 1.5st but that means losing 3lb in 4 days lol. Of course I'll put it all back on over Xmas...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 December 2012 at 7:06PM
    That was helpful. Two hotspots are now clear, the washing up is done, the minging litter tray is deminged, and the assorted gibble that needs sorting is safely in my office. I'm going to lift the fleeces that have been protecting the carpet now that Dog is a little better and sort the laundry for the laundrette trip on Friday.

I've just heard that lovely Dave Brubeck (of Take Five fame) has died at 91. We saw him in concert a few years ago - lovely man. Sad.
    Better is good enough.
  • mineallmine
    Hello from the bag lady! :)

Floordrobe/landing clearance...

30 mins turned into about 60 mins. Washing all bagged up. I've really let it build up. I'm annoyed as I cleared it entirely just a few weeks ago. How could I let it get so bad again. Then when I finished hubby threw another large pile into the mix. I've not sorted those yet. He definitely has more clothes than me!

Went through my sock drawer and established I must have about 30 pairs of socks (what was I just saying about hubby...:whistle: ). But I have favourites that I wear until they fall apart. I'm so tempted to chuck them all in the bin and start again. But that's so wasteful. So I'll pick out a pair from there each day and if they're shrunk/tatty or whatever I'll bin (ragbag for local CS) them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills