Free boiler from BG

Options
C_Ronaldo
C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Can anyone tell me if BG have a policy yo install free boilers and if so do you need to fill certain criteria, ive had a look on the BG website but i cant see anything relevant
No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    are you not confusing it with the free gas for a year offer if you take one of their (expensively installed) boilers?
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    There's a government scheme - www.warmfront.co.uk - that will pay £2700 towards cavity wall insulation, loft insulation and a central heating system if you qualify. My grandparents have qualified, as they receive attendance allowance and pension credit.

They will only fit a central heating system if the existing main heating system does not work, or simply there isn't one. On one side my grandparents gas fires have been disconnected due to leaking chimneys - so they no longer have a main heating system. On the other side my other grandma had a mix of gas fires, storage heaters and fan heaters - but crucially no heating in her bedroom or bathroom, so she also qualified for a full system.

If you do have a main system that is broken, they'll fix or replace it. If you have a system that works but is old, they won't touch it. They'll fit a maximum of five radiators that cover the main living areas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure