Monument Credit Card

Options

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If there are 3 days left, and they don't put in a last minute defence, then you should be able to use the "judgement" button or link to request a judgement by default. If they do put in a last minute defence, then you will be allocated "your day in court".

However, I would like to know the date on which your claim was issued - all the timings and dates are calculated from this.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Stephen

I don't have the paperwork with me as I'm at work but I think I started my claim on 'moneyclaim online' on the 13th or 14th April. received some paper work with Nottingham listed at the top saying they are defending. This is the same as my Nationwide claim.

I kinda thought that this would be it but I guess that was just wishful thinking. Have they defended against anyone else? Are they getting a court date (which I'm assuming will not be in Nottingham - I'm in London) then they pay out just before that date?

thanks for responding to my post.
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • hammerette_2
    hammerette_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    An update to my claim against monument.
    MCOL issued 13/4 served 18/4/ acknowledged 19/4
    they have until midnight to put in a defence or I will click that default judgement button

I will update you all - and goodluck
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    I was checking my paperwork and I have a 'Notice of Issue'. It says the defendant has until the 5th May to reply... is that to contact the court or me???
    I'm confused... 28 days will be up tomorrow!

Notice of Issue:
    'Your claim was issued on the 16th April 2007.
    Court sent it to the defendant on the 16th April and deemed to be served on the 21st April. The defendant has until the 5th May to reply'

I got the acknowledgement paper too. This is all I've had so far. I forgot to bring my monument account number otherwise I could have called for a balance check! but I'm guessing it's not over yet!
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    Checked my balance with Monument Credit Card last night and it's still the same.
    Moneyclaim online still says 'acknowledged'! I'm assuming the 28 days will end at midnight tonight.

What does it say if Monument want to take it to court?
    What happens if I do press 'judgement' tomorrow?
    Does that mean I win by default?
    Has anyone else had this happen and how long does it take to receive the money back on my credit card....

anyone??
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    well i have got to the court stage with Monument just awaiting a date now ....i have got this far so i shall carry on regardless...good luck...
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    my 28 days are up now... I have no idea if I press the judgement button or not... I've asked on another thread

Hi Shoe... When did you get a court date? was this after the 28 day period on mycol?

I've not heard a thing! aaarrrrgggghhh... don't know what to do!
    Has anyone else had this happen and what did you do?
  • shoe_2
    Options
    hi wiggynut
    i would press the judgement button .....
    my case i got the defence my claim is still with the district judge at my local court so just awaiting a court date ....i just want it to come to a end now..
    good luck hope things go your way ...i will keep you up dated on this site.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Options
    I went to press the judgement button today - I rang mycol to check when - it said acknowledged at 5.10pm yesterday... today... defence! Dammit! :mad:
    so waiting for court date... knew this would happen though as everyone else seems to have the same thing happen to them... apparently they refund the money 2/5 days before the court date. :beer:

Let me know how long that takes - to get a date... I'm wishing only another month to go but with all the backlog I'm doubting it! sob :o

good luck!
    :beer:
  • shoe_2
    Options
    Hi wiggynut
    well the judge as had my claim for 2 weeks now and i have still had no joy i have telephoned and been told its with the judge still and its called awaiting direction !!! Prior to that after monument entred a defence i waited over 1 week before i got a letter to say it had been transfred to my local court .....
    i think i am still around 6 weeks away before all this will come to a end ....i am also at the same stage with Lloyds tsb ....
    good luck i will keep you up dated ...keep me informed of your up date .xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport