PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Comments

• Ikea visited, M&S visited, kitchen bottomed, WM x2, TD x1, DW x3, kiddies making a mess upstairs :p and DH on his way home from work early as he is poorly. Need to brave the rain and walk the dog when he gets back.

Also ate a Frog - resigned from a trustee role that I took on (mainly under duress) some time ago. One minute typing and sending an email, and its dealt with. Now why didn't I do that sooner?!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    No flying done as I've had a lovely few hours with friends that moved away from the estate 14 years ago, I've not seen them for about 8 years, made a deal we will visit them before the year is out.
    Going to make a veggie lasagne for tea now and go and sit in a dark corner.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • I can hear the vacuum cleaner being shoved around upstairs. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think Himself is finding things to do that keep him the other side of the house, as I woke up after a snooze on the sofa this afternoon to find a huge box in front of me.

He's bought a 'special laundry bin to put in all the things [he] shouldn't touch'. In other words, if I don't want things shrunk by being washed at nuclear temperatures and then tumbledried to death, I have to put up with double clutter until I'm home from work and then do my own washing, other than things I'm prepared to take the risk of him washing. Which is largely nothing at all.

If it's one of those godawful pop up things, it's going straight onto the top of his laptop in the studio for storage. The box seems to weigh absolutely nothing, which is what leads me to this suspicion. Quite frankly, I'd rather use the cardboard box it came in than one of those things. And yes, I know the Idiot Cat likes sleeping in the wicker one and has sneakily sharpened his claws on one corner, but I bought it over 12 years ago for the precise reason that I don't like the popup ones (which never last more than a few months if you actually put more than a day's worth of clothes in them) or buying yet more plastic.

In my head, I'm screaming 'WHY do we need more Stuff? WHY? Just leave the fracking clothes alone and refuse to do mine if you are incapable of not nuking them. You store your dirty washing on the floor until you run out of trousers, anyhow.'. My reply when he said that was what was in the box was slightly less detailed, however.

'Oh.'

I'm going to have to face it - he's a hoarder.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Any tips for photographing clothes when I can’t model them?
    Bribe a friend?

Managed to give the rack and tray out of the micro/combi a really good clean last evening; considered doing the bits off the gas hob as well, relised how painful my hands were, and thought better of it. Wot a wimp.

New notebook has arrived today; this is to replace the 10 year old netbook that gets hinkier by the day. I now have no choice but to learn my way round Windows 10.
    My preferred antivirus, browser and OpenOffice suite have been downloaded, and I'm tying this post on it - so far so good. ;)
    However, I have no @mazon vouchers left. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 8:40PM
    Evening all x
    Thank you to all for your support I really appreciate it :T:A
    MrsMP get well soon pal x

Paid stuff done it was one long shift but everybody felt the same, never mind it's nearly Friday:j:j:beer:
    I did my wardrobe out this week already and my room is all good. I do want to have a quick tidy of the drawers but I CBA tonight will get to it at some point this week though.

Since I've got in I have...
    Changed into my jammies
    Made myself something to eat and ate it
    Washed up
    Put past all the stuff on the draining board
    S/S scullery
    Put the washing machine on
    Emptied the winterdyke and put it all past
    Made my lunch for tomorrow
    Washed up again
    Laid out my clothes for tomorrow and the 2 bags I was meant to take to work this morning :o

DD is staying with my SiL as I'm working and the schools here aren't back till Monday, so I thought I would give her room a quick tidy. Low and behold she's done it before leaving, made her bed AND but all her cushions nicely on it. Wonders will never cease :eek:

I'm decluttering a decaff waiting for the washing machine to finish then I'm plonking myself on the sofa to watch a bit of TV.

Love to all xx
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    FFP it's when you get that sort of carp to deal with that it comes home to you exactly why your Ex is your Ex. Don't stand for any bunkum, t'ain't worth it in the end. ;)

Bits done ready for posting tomorrow; am likely to be decluttering ££££ tomorrow afternoon, as I have my appointment with the new audiology service. It'll be nice to be able to hear again, though; there have been some seriously surreal conversations around here over the past couple of months due to me mishearing what Mr LW has said. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm going to have to face it - he's a hoarder.

I'm married to one of them - I just have to turn a blind eye to a lot of it and if I think about it too much it drives me insane. He can't help it, he really can't but it really gets to me sometimes. Thinking of you x
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Evening all.

So today's plans must have changed at least 4 times. The upshot is that Christmas has finally disappeared back into the loft, downstairs and bedroom have been dusted, random glitter and tree needles (I swear our artificial trees create more mess than a real one would) have disappeared up the vacuum cleaner. DW running, WM loaded for the morning. It sounds a lot better written down than I thought it was in reality.

The loft is added to the ever growing Toots list. A ridiculous amount of stuff is festering up there. A box a month, maybe. I'll think about it....
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all

Well done LW on getting to grips with the new notebook and W10. I love using the techno but it frightens me that I'm going to do something wrong all the time.

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Hoovered all through except LR
    Bank accounts checked and interest moved over

Yearly budget finished and we came in just over £500 under budget :j

Still to be done -
    Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room
    Vacuum and wipe (if needed) sofas

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen, air the bed if possible
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.

Extra
    tasks list,
    Check the airing cupboard, anything that is way past it's use by
    Clean tops of wardrobes and drawers (if safe to do so, no pregnant flyladies on ladders please delegate the job instead)

Thursday - spare room
    All done already

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need any
    Hope you all have a great Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2018 at 12:25AM
    Nice day, but not my most successful one after a slow start (didn't sleep well because of the wind). I managed 3 lots of laundry, cooked a nice meal and got a bit further with goal setting for this year. Trip into town was also a success: DS1's old quilt and pillow taken to tip, gifted gloves exchanged for a jumper in M&S (they were too big and not really needed), £5 Body Shop voucher used for things I did need and classroom hoovered/tables wiped. Thought this afternoon that my cold is making a reappearance, so I'm trying to be careful. This next half term will be short, but a challenge.

Monday - New Year's Day

Schedule time with DS2 and his calendar
    Hoover any areas in dire need
    S&S toilets and sinks if required

Tuesday ~ Kitchen and Living Room

Wipe/scrub sink
    [STRIKE]Check stuff in fridge[/STRIKE], double check your fruit bowl

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing

HH tidy
    [STRIKE]3 acts of kindness[/STRIKE] - made fresh porridge for DS2 instead of telling him to grab some cereal, dried OH's fleecy pjs straight away so he could wear them tonight, watered a colleague's plant.
    27 fling boogie time
    [STRIKE]ask DS1 to choose which bedding to take to animal charity[/STRIKE][/QUOTE]

Thursday ~ Childrens/spare rooms

Bath - hair cut booked for Saturday. ;)
    [STRIKE]Strip, wash and replace bedding[/STRIKE]
    HHC in DS2's room
    Vacuum
    Binbag Dance
    phone dentist
    phone car place
    take little cat to vet's (she has a croaky voice)
    de-Christmas the house
    go out with OH for a bit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family