PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lunch - soup
    Dinner:- 2 x Cranky's inspired platters, 1 savory and 1 dessert. It worked very well and I just used things I had in the fridge and cupboards as I hadn't time to go shopping.

I ate slowly which helped, the savory one had a small tin of pilchards on it so I used the tomato sauce as a dip for the vegetables. The dessert one was just an apple, a pear and two very small pieces of cheese with 4 walnuts. I cut everything up into very thin slices which also helped.

I'm now going to call them 'Cranky's platters' lets hope the idea catches on and becomes as famous as 'Twink's hobnobs' :rotfl::rotfl: Thank-you, I'll bear in mind the chocolate shots as a variation.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've been missing in action for a long time. I have been feeling a bit depressed, my contract at work is unexpectedly ending and I am stressed about money. My weight has fluctuated so much, not that long ago I got down to my lowest weight all year, then it all went back on with a vengeance. I can't remember the last time I did any exercise other than walking. I seem to have so much less time in the day for some reason despite no increase in responsibility.

I think I may duck out of the challenge for the moment until I get my head straight.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning all!
    Sis in L on the way to the airport...just time to do the laundry and housework before a friend arrives from the States. ...and staying on track with healthy eating is challenging me.

B. Not had any yet....but coffee is a definite
    L.salad from the garden and boiled eggs
    D. Buffet nibbles ....if resisted then chicken rissotto.

I wish us all a happy week despite our troubles.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Florence_J wrote: »
    I've been missing in action for a long time. I have been feeling a bit depressed, my contract at work is unexpectedly ending and I am stressed about money. My weight has fluctuated so much, not that long ago I got down to my lowest weight all year, then it all went back on with a vengeance. I can't remember the last time I did any exercise other than walking. I seem to have so much less time in the day for some reason despite no increase in responsibility.

I think I may duck out of the challenge for the moment until I get my head straight.

sorry to hear that. They say it is best to 'choose your battles' so maybe this is the right thing to do.
    Best wishes
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Florence J. I agree with Mallygirl, one thing at a time. You can't possibly fight on all fronts at once.

I have to report another STS week. I knew it was going to be more difficult to get rid of this decades old fat, but nil desperandum.

Today's food.....

Br: boiled egg & toast. (no cardboard today Cranky)

Lunch:Chicken salad. Poached pears.

Extras. As the spirit moves, though there is a biscuit tin of HM choc chip cookies that is going to take some resistance.

I've had another go at colour and am about to submit. Fingers crossed.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Eureka! Though I didn't quite get the red that I was aiming for.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • MallyGirl
    Morning all.

B: berries, FF yogurt, maple syrup, seeds - I need to make some more lo carb granola
    L: M&S aromatic lamb curry - its a busy day and this was reduced when I popped in to get the free bottle of wine I had earned for ordering my turkey early. The best healthy ready meal I have ever found - and only 388 cals.
    D: venison burger, rainbow fries, salad

50 min dog walk - I tried to keep it at an active pace with raised heart rate and actually had to add a bit extra to the route so that worked.
    I took the dogs training in the forest yesterday morning for the first time in ages. They loved it and did fine but I need to work on fitness - theirs and mine - if we are going to do any events this winter. Unfortunately my scooting foot is the one still recovering from plantar fasciitis so it might be a challenge.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What are rainbow fries, please?
  • MallyGirl
    not sure what they are going to taste like but they are a bit of a cheat from Iceland - oven chips, but instead of potato they are Carrot, Parsnip and Beetroot fries. I find spuds very boring.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nice...a little chilli or smoked paprika on those?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure