CHEAP PHOTO BOOTH - help please

Options
Looking for one for a joint 40th on a Saturday night in November but wow they are expensive!

From my research so far I can have online only or DVD only (no prints) for £225 (3 hours) but then what's the point as no guests will see the photos or get a keep sake/print and proper ones range from £325 (2 hours) - £595!

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced option - I live on the Leicestershire / Northamptonshire border (Midlands).

Thanks guys :beer:

MonstasWifey
:p:o:p

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    not exactly a photo booth but a couple of years ago we bought a polaroid camera from ebay and films and used them for our sons birthday party...

They dont make the cameras anymore but there may be some still around on places like ebay...and the resultd of the pics are quite instant too
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure my answer is any help but a lot cheaper option if you have an iphone (or know someone that does) is an app called Pocketbooth (there is probably an android equivilent) which works just like a photobooth but simply takes the four pictures on your phone camera. If you have access to a printer at the party you could print them off there. Just another possibility...
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • minimacka
    Options
    What about buying a polaroid camera and making props to take pictures with for eg moustache's, hats, big lips, glasses, feather boa's you could include a chalkboard and some chalks so that people can write a "happy birthday" note, there are lots of blogs out there (mainly American) with photo booths on, people have them at weddings they buy a old photo frame to hold up in front of them and get someone to take a picture. I think its such a fun thing to do and it wouldn't cost you too much to make and you get to keep the polaroid camera for future pictures.

Google photo booth ideas there are loads of them online.

Have fun.

xx
  • LolaLemon
    Options
    minimacka wrote: »
    What about buying a polaroid camera and making props to take pictures with for eg moustache's, hats, big lips, glasses, feather boa's you could include a chalkboard and some chalks so that people can write a "happy birthday" note, there are lots of blogs out there (mainly American) with photo booths on, people have them at weddings they buy a old photo frame to hold up in front of them and get someone to take a picture. I think its such a fun thing to do and it wouldn't cost you too much to make and you get to keep the polaroid camera for future pictures.

Google photo booth ideas there are loads of them online.

Have fun.

xx

I am going to pinch this idea for our Harry Potter Party - IF i can get the polaroid film cheap enough. Thank you!!! :j:beer::j:p
    Living Simply, not simply living.
    Cheap Christmas '15

Frugal Living for fifth year running. (2010-2015)
    Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
  • minimacka
    minimacka Posts: 777 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That sounds fun, if your arty there are lots of lovely things you can do for a Harry Potter party if you Google it there is lots of lovely ideas.

If the polaroid camera is expensive why don't you just buy a cheaper digital camera and get people to take their own photos of each other with the props. That way they can take as many as they want and you can email them afterwards.

Have fun
    x
  • LolaLemon
    LolaLemon Posts: 958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    minimacka wrote: »
    That sounds fun, if your arty there are lots of lovely things you can do for a Harry Potter party if you Google it there is lots of lovely ideas.

If the polaroid camera is expensive why don't you just buy a cheaper digital camera and get people to take their own photos of each other with the props. That way they can take as many as they want and you can email them afterwards.

Have fun
    x
    That was the original plan, but then your idea of the polaroid fits right in with the magic of Hogwarts, . I doubt many of these 6/7/8 year old have ever seen a film develop 'instantly'.

The film is working out very expensive though :(
    Cheap Christmas '15

Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
  • minimacka
    edited 3 March 2014 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Oh what a shame, I see what you mean yes that would be magical, can you not borrow one from somebody, maybe put a plea out on facebook if you have an account, or freecycle. ?

I quickly Googled polaroid cameras and one came up at about £75.00 including 10 polaroid films, depending on how many kids you have you could can buy another 10 photos for £11.00. Or could you maybe look on ebay? someone might of bought one used it once like you intend to and then want to sell it on?

What if you allowed them one picture on the polaroid (taken by an adult) so they can see it develop and then use a digital camera to take other pictures ?
    (Can you tell I wish my 2 D/S were little again :-) and not 18 and 21 next)

x
  • LolaLemon
    LolaLemon Posts: 958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm watching a few cameras on e bay, but its the film thats costing a fortune. will need to look into it further and see if i can get the film cheaper. i need 30 pics so may be a bit pricer than im looking at.
    Currently already made 30 wands, half way through the 30 robes and still to make 30 spell books. Still got the brick wall to do, the fireplace, the forbidden forest, and to make the photobooth! and food and stuff haha -- stress is begining to creep in!
    Cheap Christmas '15

Weight Loss - 5b/55lb
    Books Read 2015- 7/30
  • minimacka
    Options
    Wow the party is going to be amazing can I come lol.

It will all be worth it in the end when you see all the kids faces, they are only young once and when they grow up they wont want any more parties.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    richardandrew
    Just in case you are unaware, this is a UK website so advertising a company in San Jose is somewhat pointless. Nobody is currently looking to buy or hire a photo booth.

Additionally, the thread is almost 4 years old.

Finally, it is against MSE rules to advertise.

Your post has been reported as :spam:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport