Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• I have all the emails on resolver so will see what they come back with
  • maverick27 wrote: »
    • fr3172 east mids to lanzarote on 6th dec
    • after boarding advised of technical default and disembarked back to terminal
    • replacement aircraft sent from dublin but could not land in east mids due to fog and diverted to manchester.
    • coached to manchester and arrived in lanzarote over 8 hours late against the schedule arrival time for the original east mids flight.
    is compensation due? the first cause of delay was technical however could ryanair argue the second delay was due to weather and therefore exceptional circumstances?

Attempted to claim direct from RYR and they claimed no compensation due because of adverse weather. Instructed Bott & Co to step in and after one letter they have paid out 400 euros per passenger. There is obviously some games being played because they have sent the total amount directly to us rather than to Bott&Co as per their instructions.
  • I am sure I have a case here but Ryanair is playing silly !!!!!!s and is outright refusing.

It was Ryanair flight FR1315 from Belfast International to Malaga that was scheduled to arrive at 8.45 but instead arrived at 11.39, so 2 hours and 54 minutes late; however I was aware of a recent Germanwings case in which passengers received compensation because the time of arrival was taken from when at least one door of the plane was opened and not when it landed. I know that the first door was only opened at 11.46 so just over the 3-hour delay threshold.

http://imgur.com/a/DoSp7

Unfortunately, both bottom line and EU claims won't take the claim saying it's outside their jurisdiction but before I take the plunge and take Ryanair to court do I have much chance of winning? How do I prove when the door opened?

Just as a follow up:
    Bottomline wrote back to me today to tell me that they're unable to take the case as "Door time was 23:40." I then asked if this was official and they confirmed it was.

So the only conclusion I can come to given this new information is that Ryanair is unashamedly and blatantly lying about the door open time. I am sure that if had actually managed to land and plane and opened the doors within a minute it'd be some sort of record but that's simply not what happened.

The plane sent several minutes taxiing up the runway (big airport!) and then a couple minutes more to do checks before finally opening the doors after the three-hour delay threshold.

I have asked Bottomline again if they'd like to take the case on but not very optimistic it just amazes me how blatant and brazen Ryanair are.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Flightstats shows a more detailed breakdown of the times
    It shows an actual "runway arrival" of 11:35pm then an actual "gate arrival" of 11:39pm (so 4 minutes from landing to parking at the gate) whereas your link only shows the one time
    How you can prove that these details have been falsified I don't know.
  • I suppose I can't. It is only my word against theirs.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm afraid most airlines will continue to be disingenuous, procrastinating spouting misleading or dishonest information when it comes to claims.
    They are a business. They really, in the majority of cases, don't give a damn.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Also according to Flight Stats the flight took 2 hours and 56 minutes so surely if they left at 7.52 they'd have arrived at 11:48?

http://imgur.com/a/ZZfDt
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    Flightstats shows a more detailed breakdown of the times
    It shows an actual "runway arrival" of 11:35pm then an actual "gate arrival" of 11:39pm (so 4 minutes from landing to parking at the gate) whereas your link only shows the one time
    How you can prove that these details have been falsified I don't know.

I know this is probably silly but my phone has a gps timeline which shows it's location at whatever given time I select. Also could the airport not disprove when Ryanair landed?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It will take possible court action to potentially get the actual data from airport.
    A note for future - if close to the 3 hour limit, have your camera ready in movie mode with date and time stamp to video door opening time.

I note alot of airlines now seem to have added 30 mins onto the scheduled arrival time. I was 35 mins early on my last Jet2 flight....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • JPears wrote: »
    It will take possible court action to potentially get the actual data from airport.
    A note for future - if close to the 3 hour limit, have your camera ready in movie mode with date and time stamp to video door opening time.

I note alot of airlines now seem to have added 30 mins onto the scheduled arrival time. I was 35 mins early on my last Jet2 flight....

Ironically my Easyjet flight was 35 minutes early too on my way back too.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/HistoricalFlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?airline=%28U2%29+easyJet&flightNumber=6756&departureDate=2017-01-20&x=33&y=15
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback