Firefox Unsecured Link Warnings

I hate to throw up problems in entering a comp or using a site, but are all Firefox users tearing their hair out at the minute as I am? They've started flagging up a good proportion of web links as unsecured, and making you consciously indicate that you are going ahead and accepting the risk. I had pop-ups/alarms and general mayhem on Sunday when I clicked on a Facebook trending story, along with the message that a virus had been inserted, only to find that two independent checks showed no virus and no threats at all.

Just now I've completed Chat Magazine Issue 12, clicked "Yes. I want to submit my answers" rather than the alternative "Cancel", only to be faced with the empty form with no answers that I started with - nothing to say my entry is accepted, and I've repeated the form in case I'd pressed the cancel button in error.

Same result!!

Just wonder what other Firefox users think?

PS I've copied much the same point on the Chat comp. thread.

Comments

• janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    get similar with some mag dailies, but can still enter, entered chat pmu tab and thats life on thursday no problem. have you tried using another isp?
  • AR2012
    AR2012 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    ive just put the web address through a certificate test to double check my suspicions on what firefox is doing. it does fall below par at Grade C. Good thing is its not sha-1. Qualsys was used. its got some weak security i.e cipher suites and protocols used. firefox is attempting to protect against this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure