We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

E: 00/00 DAILY CHECK £500+ Pick my postcode

Comments

• Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sorry my mistake then :)
    Darren
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895
    Forumite
    and mine apologies they all sound the same!
    What goes around-comes around
  • Thanks, I think I entered this some time ago but completely forgot about it.

Is there any way to search if my postcode has come up in the past?
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871
    Forumite
    Never heard of this, although I had heard a lot of bad things about the Peoples Postcode Lottery so I steered clear of that.
    But if peeps like GB are recommending this one, I'm giving it a go. :) Thanks for posting it.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ColaCube wrote: »
    Thanks, I think I entered this some time ago but completely forgot about it.

Is there any way to search if my postcode has come up in the past?

Previous results can be viewed but you have to claim when your postcode is shown to be a winner.

Last result is shown on the left of the homepage, click on "more past draws" and you get the draw history

http://freepostcodelottery.com/history/
  • The confirmation email you receive after signing up states:

"We have nothing to do with the People's Postcode Lottery"
  • This one is definitely legit and I won £80 a few weeks ago. The money was in my Paypal account within an hour!!
    The best things in life are free.....
  • Matryoshka
    Matryoshka Posts: 10,408
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is the People's Postcode Lottery defo a scam? :eek: I play a tenner a month, never received spam calls but I have received freebie magazine subs and calendar's once a year. If it is a scam, then I'll cancel my sub. I know it's only a tenner but every little helps :D

And an MSE'r won a huge amount with them a couple of years ago. Found linky

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2130799
    SECRET TO WINNING PRIZES ;):
    If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand.
    Thoughts become things!
    What you think about you bring about!
    No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it.
    Romans 12:15 Be happy with those who are happy :)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 December 2012 at 2:52PM
    Matryoshka wrote: »
    Is the People's Postcode Lottery defo a scam? :eek: I play a tenner a month, never received spam calls but I have received freebie magazine subs and calendar's once a year. If it is a scam, then I'll cancel my sub. I know it's only a tenner but every little helps :D

Don't really want to bump this again but I think it is important to point out there is no evidence or suggestion that the lottery itself is a scam, it is their very pushy marketing calls resulting from competitions they run that are apparently a pain, which as you are already playing the lottery you wouldn't get.

This did not impress me from the link you posted, I would expect to be informed exactly what I had won and receive a cheque or bank transfer with no publicity/prize giving party unless I opted for it.
    I should take the day off to go to the prize giving party in Rutherglen (Glasgow) today from 2-4pm. They would not tell me how much I won though.

Looking at their site that may have changed now
    When you win, we transfer the money straight into your bank account

The National lottery gives approx 28% to charity compared to the 20% for the PPL, both pay around 45% in prizes on their main games.
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,610
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Matryoshka wrote: »

And an MSE'r won a huge amount with them a couple of years ago. Found linky

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2130799

Sorry to bump but I also want to confirm that I've never heard anything about the People's Lottery being a scam. As mjm says, it's their sales methods that get complained about - lots.
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business