Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• Tinks32 wrote: »
    Hi I recently joined Quidco and I am confused:)
    I nned to buy a dishwasher and would like to know how much cash back i will receive before i purchase (so that i can compare which companies are the best option)
    I see that Curry's is this http://www.quidco.com/currys/
    on the page before it says get up to 10% cashback, but once i click on the link that takes me Curry's website how do i tell what cashback i will get?

I think that the 10% is for Laptops over £399.99. All other items are 1.5%.
  • Thank you for your informative response, have raised a ticket :)
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tinks32 wrote: »
    Hi I recently joined Quidco and I am confused:)
    I nned to buy a dishwasher and would like to know how much cash back i will receive before i purchase (so that i can compare which companies are the best option)
    I see that Curry's is this http://www.quidco.com/currys/
    on the page before it says get up to 10% cashback, but once i click on the link that takes me Curry's website how do i tell what cashback i will get?

Please remember that cashback is not 100% certain with Quidco, it's a gamble and you should not base your purchase just on the chance of cashback.

Caschback is bonus, if you get it.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Question for the Quidco Company Rep - has Quidco increased its annual charge from £5 to £7.50 without telling anyone?

HUKD posts this morning say the charge has increased, but the website still shows £5.

What's happening please? Surely £5 is bad enough, with Topcashback charging absolutely nothing for exactly the same 'service' - but £7.50?

Has Quidco got a death wish? :)
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everybody,

I can see there has been a bit of confusion regarding the retention fee, not only here but on HUKD.

I’m sorry for any concern this has caused, but I can tell you that we absolutely have not changed the retention fee, it is still just £5. What can happen is if you haven't paid a retention fee for a previous year, this will roll over until you have a payment. We will only ever retain £5 per membership year that you are active with us. If you earn any less than £5, then we'll only retain the amount that you have earned. If you don't earn anything, we won't take anything.

For example, if you only earned £2.50 in your first year of membership, but then earned over £5 in your second year of membership, then £2.50 would be retained from your first year and £5 from your second year.

I really hope this has reassured you as we don’t want for there to be any confusion. If you have any further questions about your account and the amounts retained, then you can raise a ticket and we will gladly explain it further.

@Tinks32 At the moment, only a cashback amount of 1.5% relates to dishwashers with Currys, so it may be best to have a look at other retailers as well. As it is Quidco that process the cashback, not the retailer, you will not find any reference to this cashback on their site as you make your purchase, but it should track into your Quidco account a couple of days afterwards.

@pedxxx I will take a look at your account for you today, keep an eye on your support inbox

@Doc N As I’m sure you’re aware, this £5 a year helps us to keep the site running and allows us to offer more exclusive deals and products such as the app, whilst not having to litter our site with those pesky adverts. But hopefully, I’ve sufficiently covered that there is to be no change in our retention fee, in my response above.

Thanks for your time everybody, have a great day.

Leanne :)

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    The matter of my subject access request remains outstanding.

Quidco has still has not provided a copy of my personal data as requested over a month ago, despite admitting that the data was still available as my account had not been deleted as they had originally claimed.

Quidco has brushed aside all issues of non-serviceable virtual mailing addresses and fake data submitted to the ICO, insisting that I write them at one of their virtual mailing addresses with a £10 payment - a written request to a fake address plus a £10 fee to pay for appalling service, misinformation/lies, delaying tactics, rudeness, fake and incomplete data. You couldn't make this up!

So, you admit then that after all your earlier claims Quidco holds personal data even after account closure?!
  • pedxxx
    pedxxx Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks Leanne. I can see it has come through. As long as Very realise why I am disputing. I can't remember if I was given the chance to put this info in when I originally submitted this.
  • point3 wrote: »
    The matter of my subject access request remains outstanding.

Quidco has still has not provided a copy of my personal data as requested over a month ago, despite admitting that the data was still available as my account had not been deleted as they had originally claimed.

Quidco has brushed aside all issues of non-serviceable virtual mailing addresses and fake data submitted to the ICO, insisting that I write them at one of their virtual mailing addresses with a £10 payment - a written request to a fake address plus a £10 fee to pay for appalling service, misinformation/lies, delaying tactics, rudeness, fake and incomplete data. You couldn't make this up!

So, you admit then that after all your earlier claims Quidco holds personal data even after account closure?!

Boring - The Quidco rep has already told you that they will not respond to you on here. Give it a rest.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Boring - The Quidco rep has already told you that they will not respond to you on here. Give it a rest.

Not at all boring, actually. It gives a real flavour of the way that Quidco deal with customers' problems, and perhaps explains why so many people have 'defected' to Topcashback.

You'd have thought all those additional £5 'membership' fees raked in every year would cover a better standard of customer service - but it appears not.
  • SephirothX
    SephirothX Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2013 at 1:39PM
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me regarding Viking Direct cashback.

I placed an order on their website last night and it hasn't tracked. However upon looking at the cashback terms and service it says the following:

"Cashback is not available on home user purchases"

I'm not sure what this means? Viking have a business website as well as a consumer website. So does this message mean they only offer cashback via their business website?

The annoying thing is they are offering 15% cashback right now which expires tonight. My order is due to be delivered on Monday and the consumer website's customer services are only open on weekdays. So I can not cancel the order, it will arrive on Monday.

What should I do? The product was £72 so I was expecting a nice amount of cashback...

Before someone replies saying cashback is not 100% guaranteed etc. I just want to say I am aware of that. I am just looking for clarification on whether I am using the Viking cashback correctly. Thing is my previous order didn't track with them either, but it had to be sent back as it was faulty.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback