Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have just posted a cube and as I was stood in the Post Office had a thought that I should put a little note or present inside for the recipient. I'd be pleased to find something like that, especially if I'd had to go to the trouble of having the thing re-delivered or gone to the sorting office to get it. It's not as if there would be a problem with weight as they could go up to 2kg...
  • aninymoose
    aninymoose Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have just posted a cube and as I was stood in the Post Office had a thought that I should put a little note or present inside for the recipient. I'd be pleased to find something like that, especially if I'd had to go to the trouble of having the thing re-delivered or gone to the sorting office to get it. It's not as if there would be a problem with weight as they could go up to 2kg...
    I have enclosed a Christmas card in the past, not signed obviously, got to stay anonymous
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    TBH TNS have little choice. I would expect it is part of their contract with RM.
    Given RM have dismissed their own staff for contravening mail processes to favour of known panelists,why would they not want them removed?
    custardy wrote: »
    Are you calling me a liar?
    Glasgow,circa 5 years ago. Multiple managers sacked after it came to light they were prioritising delivery to known panelists.
    These managers were 'training' other managers on the practice.
    wideband wrote: »

Article is actually March 2010 and refers to 2008 & 2009 (with a possible London "breach" as far back as 2002)

Interesting reading!

Especially .....

In another case some of the panellists and Royal Mail staff were found to be discussing how the system worked - including the appearance of the test mail and how the tag felt in the envelope - in internet chatrooms on the website moneysavingexpert.com.

European law which governs Royal Mail’s work states explicitly that these panellists have to be “independent of the postal service operators”. The rules also state that “the exact location of the active panel shall remain unknown to the postal operator. If panellists become known they shall be excluded”.

You've got a whistle haven't you custardy :D :rotfl:
    and you're very close to to where this nest of vipers was based ;)

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • kopite32
    Options
    Hi i have signed up for this just a couple of days ago and wondering what happens next?? Do i recieve email or wait in a delivery?? Cus not heard nothing since i signed up??
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will get an email if/when they are ready for you to start - it may take some time, depending on where you live and whether they are oversubscribed or not.
    Parent signed up several years ago and is still waiting......
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Tagatose
    Tagatose Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Fun fact: each transponder costs about £16.

Source: http://www.upu.int/uploads/tx_sbdownloader/manualGmsTechnicalDesignEn.pdf

"A sufficient number of RFID transponders would also need to be purchased for insertion into the test letters. Since each transponder can be reused up to five times per year, the number of transponders needed before start-up of the GMS will be one fifth of the yearly total amount of test mail to be received by a DO. The unit price of transponders is currently about 20 USD."
  • suzanne_thomas
    Options
    I haven't posted before but have been doing the survey for a couple of years now.

A few weeks back I received an item where the R-number label had been stuck on the exterior of the back of the envelope!! Rather than on the A4 sheet...I thought 'Right, I'd better let TNS know so they can educate this person'. Sent an email with a couple of pics of the letter, carried on with the survey and thought no more about it.

A few days ago I got an email saying I had been removed from the survey as my address "may have been compromised..." Am SO annoyed :mad: Because someone can't follow simple instructions I can't take part anymore!! Me and my conscientiousness...

So, my tip is if you think you're going to be helpful, don't bother!!

Doesn't our weekly sender packs from TNS give us away anyway?? Especially as they put their return address on the packs??
    And all of the test items look the same with the same format of label??
    Surely everyone knows already??
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I have a jiffy bag to post . On the paper posting schedule it says handwritten address, but on my online task it says printed address label. I don't have a label and I have already written address on. Should I just send it or should I ask for a Label? It needs posting on Monday.

Thanks
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Annft wrote: »
    Hi I have a jiffy bag to post . On the paper posting schedule it says handwritten address, but on my online task it says printed address label. I don't have a label and I have already written address on. Should I just send it or should I ask for a Label? It needs posting on Monday.

Thanks

Personally, as they didn't send a printed label in your pack I would just post the handwritten envelope which ties up with your paper schedule. Whoever receives it should record the same also so shouldn't be a problem.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Doesn't our weekly sender packs from TNS give us away anyway?? Especially as they put their return address on the packs??
    And all of the test items look the same with the same format of label??
    Surely everyone knows already??

Agreed. It makes a mockery of when TNS remove people when they allege that their identity has been compromised; for example when someone reports that the postman saw a ripped letter with a smart in it.

I never report anything.

I am sure that my postman knows that I am on the survey as he post items from TNS to me every week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure