Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Comments

• I was there end of last August and loved the heat. Bit stuffy at night but nothing I couldn't handle!

Thanks, great prices! I don't mind travelling cattle class!
  • I was there end of last August and loved the heat. Bit stuffy at night but nothing I couldn't handle!

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kellyt1981 wrote: »
    I was there end of last August and loved the heat. Bit stuffy at night but nothing I couldn't handle!

Mid to end of June is the hottest I've experienced. That was more than enough for me.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    we go beginning of June , and last year, we had that heatwave weekend where it hit 117f...
    The walk from the sunbed to the pool in the Cosmo melted my flipflops almost!
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    We always go in August as OH is a teacher. Luckily we both love the heat. :)

Last trip we walked from the Stratosphere to the Wynn in 120 degrees. We didn't go any faster than a slow amble but by the time we got to the Wynn my heart was racing like mad, just from the heat.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Mid to end of June is the hottest I've experienced. That was more than enough for me.

I agree. Last year was rather tough on both myself and DH towards the end of the second week.
    At one point I ended up sat in PH near the toilets for about 30 minutes because I'd had too much sun, and we'd only walked from Aria across the bridge, along past those shops and into PH.
    I don't what what it is about that section of the Strip, but it seems to be one heck of a sun catcher. I have never felt so ill in the heat walking that particular section.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I booked with groupon last week. I find it depends which credit card i use. My sainsburys card wont work, my husbands virgin card will work?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We booked a whole whack of Groupons last week in Vegas and San Francisco, used an old pre-paid post office currency card to do it and it all went through fine even though I registered last week and added my card to the account when purchasing the first one.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 3:28PM
    Trying to compare hotels to others and cannot find Tropicana Hotel on oyster.com

Came across this hotel from https://www.justyou.co.uk/en-gb/tours/americas-western-wonders/#Accommodation

Just browsing around ideas at the moment.

Was this named something else?

While here, any decent sites for weather check on temperature? I don't like Summer hot over here so finding Vegas cold months may be a challenge.

Thank you
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Not sure what your question is.

the Trop has been there for years and has seen some bad times but they did refurb a couple of years ago.

It wouldnt be my first choice or even on my list to be honest.

I have stayed at about 20 different hotels in Vegas as have many others on here so if its reviews of anything specific you may find the awnser from someone here.

there are many vegas weather charts on the web , what temps are you comfortable with
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure